Contract Minnesota Recruiter Job
American Refugee Committee
Global Recruiter/Team Builder
Reports to Global Talent & Volunteer Coordinator
Full time, temporary | 6 months | May 2019 – November 2019
What We Do
We build a meaningful life for and with the displaced. We believe there is simple human justice in the chance to build a life. When we find people displaced from their homes, countries or lives, our instinct may be to focus on their basic needs. And that is essential. But that is living—it is not a life. A life is filled with joy, dignity, connection, and purpose. And that’s what we aim to build. We are an open family of organizations that works closely with refugees, trafficked persons, and economic migrants, to co-design solutions that help them build full and fulfilling lives.
Our purpose is to inspire and unleash the abundance in every human being. Where others see only pain, we see joy and potential. Where others see scarcity, we unleash abundance: within ourselves, our partners, and within those we meet. We are simply servants of other people’s goodness.
If you are looking for a job, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a place where you can unleash your creativity, leverage your experience and that of those around you, we invite you to join us. We expect and reward disruption, transcendence and change making.
About the Recruitment Team
Our recruitment team is optimistic. We’re honest. We’re generous, empathetic, human-centered, brave, and co-creative. We take those descriptors seriously. And we strive to always be better at staying true to them.
We also believe, along with the rest of our colleagues, that we live in an abundant world, filled with amazing people who want to help. As the GlobalRecruiter you see that abundance. You see people – their gifts, talents, potential, dreams – and connect them to the right role and the right team at the right time. When you join our recruitment team, you’re joining a community of matchmakers that sparks change and meaning through people. That unleashes abundance on both sides of the equation.
As a team, we never settle for the status quo. We’re continuously listening and refining our approach to talent acquisition. We wear many hats, happily lending support where needed. We believe that refugees and the people we serve deserve better, deserve more. And we have a deep devotion to our promise to do our best by them.
About the Role
The Global Recruiter will provide support to the recruitment process in partnership with hiring managers worldwide. You will find dedicated, hard-working, and open people to build an organizational culture that is more human, impactful, and authentic. You will utilize a wide variety of proactive and innovative strategies to build incredible teams of amazing people working to empower humanitarian change worldwide.
Your day to day responsibilities
Recruitment Lifecycle & Customer Service
Surprise and delight your customers - candidates and hiring managers –with proactive and empathetic service through the recruitment and onboarding lifecycle
- Partner with hiring managers to develop and implement strategic sourcing and recruitment plans
- Take the lead to screen resumes and identify qualified candidates for assigned global positions.
- Conduct interviews with candidates; provide results and comments of interviews to hiring manager and make recommendations. Stay in regular communication with candidates throughout the recruitment cycle.
- Ensure a user-friendly, customer-centric application process and timely troubleshooting.
- Check references and initiate background checks of applicants; disseminate reference check information to appropriate staff.
- Issue employment agreements and ensure that all required paperwork is complete.
- Contribute to the onboarding and welcoming new team members; serving as a guide to them during their three month introduction period.
Cultivate networks to find and unleash the abundance of amazing people who want to help
- Communicate authentically and empathetically with all who are seeking to connect. Employment is only one of many ways in to the work that we do—make it a priority to keep doors open for people even after the recruitment process has concluded.
- Take initiative to continuously refine and prototype new ideas that ensure our talent acquisition approach aligns with our vision of a 21st century INGO.
- Identify potential candidates through creative strategies including, but not limited to, web sourcing, data mining, networking, research, and candidate referrals; and support the development of new and innovative sourcing methods to find and connect with candidates.
- Conduct passive candidate sourcing to building talent pools and research/recommend new sources for active and passive candidate sourcing.
- Manage, grow, and maintain strong relationships with respective talent communities.
Global travel required as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Global Talent and Volunteer Coordinator.
The skills and experience we’re seeking
- Prefer three years of relevant experience in human resources and/or building teams, with a desire to work in recruitment
- People-sourcing experience; a demonstrated ability to build a community of qualified candidates
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency using databases and internet mining techniques
- Virtual hiring experience preferred
- Experience with an applicant tracking system a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and extensive experience conducting interviews
- Excellent listener; able to formulate strategic questions
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and be flexible.
- Proven experience working within diverse groups and communities
Qualities top candidates will possess
- Strong attention to detail a must, with unparalleled follow-through
- Hustler—ability to prioritize workflow and work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing priorities
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Highly personable with high energy levels and a good sense of humor
- Takes an open-minded and open-hearted approach to growing, learning, and communicating with people from around the world
- Health, dental, long-term disability, life and AD&D, and MedEvac Insurance – We strive to offer the best-in-class healthcare plans to our staff each year. We cover 100% of the cost for your health premium and 75% of the cost for coverage for your spouse/dependents.
- Flexible Leave Time – Between vacation days, personal leave days, and holidays, you have ample opportunity to take time off when you need it.
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To apply click Global Recruiter