Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
The technical recruiter will work closely with HR and Hiring Managers to execute Spok’s recruiting strategy to attract, develop and retain top talent to support the growth of our fast-paced technology organization. In this position, the technical recruiter is responsible for driving hiring efforts for multiple job openings of various skill types and levels, with a heavy emphasis on technical positions. As a trusted advisor to the management group, the technical recruiter will use strong collaboration and communication skills to influence hiring decisions and activities, and effectively meet the organization’s staffing needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Performs full life cycle recruiting to bring high caliber candidates to join the team, that include:
- Works with technical subject matter experts and hiring managers to accurately define the job descriptions, required skills and technical requirements for positions.
- Screens, sources and manages the candidate flow and end-to-end interview and hiring process. Maintains a steady flow of candidates for all open requisitions, increase pipeline flow if needed.
- Negotiates complex offers to close candidates by leveraging experience competing for top technical talent.
· Develops creative and effective recruiting and sourcing strategies to attract top-tier diverse talent across all areas of Spok using tools such as direct sourcing, online resume databases, or social networking, University relations, employee referral programs and other methods. Participates in tech conferences and meetups to network with IT professionals; attends College recruiting events or hiring events. Manages and promotes employee referral program and internal job mobility opportunities.
· Networks through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees to help identify and source candidates as well as actively maintain a pipeline of talent.
· Creatively searches for and compiles resources to ensure diversity of the candidate pool. To ensure candidates for selection are representative of the respective population.
· Demonstrates legally compliant recruiting processes that meet EEO/ADA/OFCCP and Affirmative Action guidelines.
· Develops and maintain strong relationships and collaborate with hiring managers to understand their unique hiring needs and goals, and bring in candidates accordingly.
· Advises hiring managers on recruiting process, behavioral event interviewing, and assessment tools and processes such as TopGrading for Sales selection program.
· Shares local labor market conditions, economic conditions and competitive institutions to develop innovative strategic plans to respond quickly to these trends.
· Leverages third party job posting companies (Linked In, Indeed, Career Builder, etc.) and diversity management vendor.
· Manages relationships and candidates with select contingent and retained recruiters.
· Partners with HR systems management to implement improvements in electronic recruitment and application process.
· Partners with hiring manager and Sr. Director, HR to ensure offers are within budget and align with company compensation structure.
· Shares insights and best practices with other talent acquisition team members.
· Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Degree in a technical field (computer science preferred) and experience in talent acquisition within a software development company is a plus
· 2 plus years of corporate or search firm sourcing and recruiting experience filling technical positions such as Software Engineers, Architects, QA & Security roles and other non-technical roles as required for full staffing
· Proficient in networking within the technical market, gaining leads, cold calling technical candidates from web-based/internet databases and performing Boolean searches
· Experienced in using social media to promote the company brand and develop a candidate following (i.e. LinkedIn, Twitter, Blogs).
· Proficient in using LinkedIn; establishing projects, creating strong Boolean search strings and leveraging company messages to attract talent and meet hiring goals in a fast-growing tech company
· Experience pre-screening qualified, interested and available (QIA) candidates for technical and other positions to ensure only highly-qualified candidates move forward
· Demonstrated proficiency in cost effective searches and attainment of outstanding talent in a competitive market.
· Experience with employment policies/procedures and compliance and reporting to federal and state regulations, EEO, ADA, OFCCP, and Affirmative Action requirements
· Strong analytical and communication skills - ability to work cross functionally between the business and the internal staffing team and vertically with leadership.
· Ability to consult, influence, and persuade applicants and negotiate compensation
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced & constantly evolving environment
· Proficiency with applicant tracking systems (ATS); Jobvite or Ultipro and Microsoft Office Suite
· Working knowledge of software technology role requirements and awareness of tech trends
· Self-driven and highly motivated, with a true sense of ownership from start to finish
· Demonstrated success with remote interviewing and formats (e.g. phone, Skype and structured)
· Demonstrated success in working in a team-based recruiting environment; highly motivated to collaborate with team members to achieve full staffing goals
To apply contact Kathy McLaughlin firstname.lastname@example.org