Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As an Associate Director of Talent Acquisition, you will be responsible for strategic and operational leadership of all high-volume, class-based hiring across UnitedHealth Group lines of business in North America. The Associate Director directly leads an internal team and is responsible for operational oversight of two Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) partners. Our RPO providers are an integral part of the recruitment and hiring process for entry-level to mid-level management roles in customer service, claims, billing, clinical administration, enrollment, and pharmacy tech across UnitedHealthcare and Optum. As an Associate Director, you will spend a significant amount of time working with the RPO partners and business partners to ensure accurate consulting, high quality partner performance, and team engagement.
RPO Partnership & Management
- Overall management of the RPO for aligned teams in order to ensure successful operations and delivery of talent for UnitedHealth Group businesses
- Provide guidance and direction to RPO partners, with an emphasis on candidate care and hiring manager satisfaction, and with an overall focus on mitigating risk and ensuring compliance
- Liaison between business partners, Talent Acquisition, and Human Capital and RPO partners regarding hiring forecasts, planning, resources, timelines, and risk assessments
- Proactively monitor recruitment activity to ensure service level agreements and key performance indicator metrics are being met, including on-time delivery, fill rate, offer acceptance rates, cost per hire, offer declinations, early attrition, employee referrals, etc.
- Collaborate and partner internally and with RPO partners to identify best-in-class recruitment solutions, implementing proactive strategies and process improvements to meet hiring goals
- Ensure RPO partners possess acumen around UnitedHealth Group’s business and mission, thereby elevating the quality of business partnership and candidate quality
- Lead, coach, and develop an internal team of Talent Acquisition Managers who oversee the RPO recruitment for a region or function, which includes partnering with leaders across UHG businesses, Human Capital, and Talent Acquisition to consult on recruiting effectiveness, labor market intelligence, sourcing/marketing/event strategies, and best-in-class selection and assessment strategies
- Cast a positive leadership shadow, delivering and supporting key leadership messages and acting as talent steward by focusing on development of team members
- Fully own performance management and development of internal team, including being accountable for timely coaching conversations, interventions, development planning, and recognition of top performance
- Diagnose gaps, bottlenecks, trends, and/or issues to be addressed with key stakeholders and RPO partners at broader level (i.e. across markets, throughout Talent Acquisition, within a business group) rather than those at a requisition level
- Collaborate within the internal leadership team to establish performance goals, alignment and structure of team members, project allocation, and other overarching team activities and responsibilities
- Empower and equip Talent Acquisition Managers to take ownership of their aligned region or function, ensuring they have the tools, resources, and understanding needed
- Utilize existing Talent Acquisition reporting solutions to monitor recruitment in their aligned delivery space, making data-driven decisions to positively impact fulfillment
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to either be located at a UHG office or be a full-time telecommuter as you take on some tough challenges. Travel is required.
- BA or BS in business, human resources, or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of overall recruitment experience, including some previous experience in high volume / class based recruiting
- 2+ years of talent acquisition leadership experience
- Experience managing vendors / partners, including experience working with or for an RPO provider
- Must be an influencer with excellent communication and leadership skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively interface with business leaders, COE partners, and the human capital community at large
- Advanced analytical skills and a demonstrated proficiency in being to utilize data to tell a story
- Strong desire to excel in a matrix organization, aspire for increased responsibilities, career development and growth
- Advanced Microsoft office skills - Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
To apply click Associate Director Talent Acquisition