Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Careers that Change Lives
Serve as a campus ambassador for Medtronic across U.S. business locations and target schools for Supply Chain and Supply Management campus recruitment. As part of the Campus Recruiting part of the Talent Acquisition Center of Expertise (COE), you will also partner with MBA and Engineering recruiters to manage our recruiting program and deliver a positive candidate experience aligned with our Campus Strategy. Build and grow relationships with key stakeholders on campus, internal business partners, and colleagues in Talent Acquisition and Human Resources. Execute campus initiatives to attract and hire diverse, high potential talent into the Medtronic Summer Intern Program. Serve as a subject matter expert for campus recruiting and be an ambassador for our employer brand.
Educate partners, market programs, and provide campus recruiting leadership for the Supply Chain/Supply Management functions and any additional undergraduate recruitment needs in areas such as Finance, IT, Engineering, etc. Deploy Summer Intern Program, including event programming and assessment of top talent for conversion into full-time opportunities. Continuously improve programs to deliver process excellence/efficiency as well as a positive candidate experience. This position is based at Medtronic Operational Headquarters facility in Fridley and reports to the Campus Recruiting Manager.
A Day in the Life
• Partner with management to develop job specifications/requirements, key competencies, salary recommendations and negotiate offer packages with candidates
• Evaluate employment factors such as job experience, education and training, skills, knowledge and abilities, and other data pertinent to classification, selection, and referral
• Source candidates, manage workforce demands, and develop networks using various tools such as social media, career fairs, recruiting technology, and recruiting contractors to ensure a constant flow of qualified candidates
• Manage candidates in applicant tracking system, create reports, and conduct metrics analysis
• May prepare applicant assessments, provide applicants with information on the company, oversee background checks and drug testing and ensure successful hiring and on-boarding process
• Support Medtronic’s campus recruiting strategy for the U.S. Supply Chain/Supply Management function. Educate internal stakeholders on campus recruiting business case and strategy. Leverage Campus Playbook in development of local strategy, target schools and plans. Build and engage campus alumni teams to support plans.
• Manage campus events to build a talent pipeline for Summer Intern program. Champion the conversion of successful Summer Interns to full-time positions
• Manage cyclical campus recruiting operations by providing clear, accurate, timely communication during recruiting, resulting in a professional and efficient process. Solicit and incorporate feedback for continuous improvement. Drive process excellence and minimize compliance and legal risk.
• Partner with local site team members to plan and execute a Summer Intern Program that provides broad exposure to the company, insights into company culture and opportunities to evaluate interns on performance and potential
• Build relationships with key stakeholders: candidates, career centers, professors, school leaders, student organizations, student alumni, vendor partners, hiring managers, diversity leaders, talent acquisition and HR partners, senior leader sponsors and counterparts at other companies
• Manage campus metrics (e.g. acceptance ratios, intern conversions, diversity, quality of hire, targeted school scorecard)
• Benchmark programs routinely and make recommendations for continuous improvement
• Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of experience in Talent Acquisition OR advanced degree
• Ability to support frequent campus travel and occasional after-hours events
Nice to Have
• Campus Recruiting experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Passionate and professional company ambassador
• Possesses a high sense of urgency and provides a strong level of professional service and follow-through in a confidential manner
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Strong judgment and decision making/analysis skills
• Strong relationship building and teamwork orientation
• Results oriented, accountable, ability to meet deadlines
• High detail-orientation and commitment to quality work products
• Self-motivated, organized, efficient and process-oriented
• Flexible and resourceful – able to manage last minute changes/requests and unexpected challenges
• Knowledge of legal considerations for recruiting and OFCCP Compliance
• Experience with Taleo, Workday and Yello
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
To apply click Campus Recruiter