Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
What will I be doing ?
You’ll be learning, growing and having fun. Gaining skills for life as you take on the responsibilities of this important role.
Valleyfair is seeking a Recruiting Manager on the HR team in Skakopee, MN. This position, reporting to the park HR Director, is responsible for the overall direction and execution of the employment and recruiting initiatives to ensure park staffing needs are fulfilled. Responsible for attracting and identifying quality applicants to meet present and future needs of Valleyfair. This position will lead and develop the capabilities of a recruiting team and train Leaders in proper recruiting techniques, representing Valleyfair on college campuses and other job fair events while building efficient and effective processes to enhance and streamline the overall applicant experience.
- Manages, coordinates, and oversees the overall Employment function to ensure recruitment and employment goals are met for the Company, while ensuring compliance with Company policies and applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Develops strategies and implements plans to source, attract, recruit select, and on-board high quality candidates against defined criteria for multiple disciplines, with a focus on part-time and seasonal positions. Uses innovative sourcing channels to convert hard to find passive talent including social media, resume mining, diversity resources and networking. Teaches a team to conduct in-depth screens and assesses potential candidates for level of interest, qualifications and compensation requirements.
- Monitors accuracy and compliance of all Employment paperwork. Coordinates, submits and reviews background and drug screening for potential new employees and communicates results, while ensuring all legal requirements are met.
- Develops, implements, coordinates, manages and maintains programs, plans, external vendor relationships, employment website, employment social media platforms, policies and procedures for recruitment, internal and external hiring events, testing, selection and job placement.
- Researches, develops and recommends to VP, Human Resources, changes to Employment workflow and Company employment policies and procedures. Continuously develops business knowledge of Company and HR departmental objectives, industry and key corporate challenges, as well as current market conditions.
- Collaborates with HR Representatives, HR Managers and Division Recruiters to develop a strong understanding of Valleyfair culture, business strategy and hiring needs. Effectively coaches team in the recruitment and selection processes while ensuring compliance with employment laws.
- Accurately tracks, records and reports recruiting activities and analytics; assists HR Manager in the development of staffing metrics. Assists HR Manager in the development of the annual budget.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or HR certification preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years recruiting experience; experience with high-volume or multi-unit hourly recruiting preferred;
- Previous experience developing and implementing comprehensive sourcing/recruitment strategies with a proven track record.
- Experience using social media tools for sourcing efforts, including but not limited to, job search engines, resume mining, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogs etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience directly supervising a recruiting team.
- Comprehensive understanding of federal, state and local employment regulations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment on multiple projects with associates across all levels and departments of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows based operating systems and software, including Word and Excel.
- Highly organized, collaborative team player and detail oriented.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
To apply click Recruiting Manager