Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Starkey Hearing Technologies
The Recruiter is responsible for executing the Recruitment process including but not limited to defining, searching, qualifying, assessing and selecting candidates. The Recruiter leads the recruitment process to identify and hire highly qualified and professional candidates for field and corporate positions. The core responsibility of talent acquisition is to get “the right people, at the right time, in the right place, for the right price.”
Recruiters are responsible for managing role definition, sourcing strategy and the recruiting process. This includes managing relationships with all external and internal service providers as it relates to staffing and other HR related activities.
Approach and Deployment (What to Do & How to Do It)
Build strong and trusting relationships with the hiring managers within your assigned business unit(s) to help influence, drive and guide the recruiting process.
- Develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of the business and the marketplace in order to better support the assigned business unit and provide insight into the ways to improve the hiring process
Partner with hiring managers to define their needs for open positions.
- Meet and interview managers to better understand the details of requisitions and role-related structure of the related departments/organizations:
- Define Job Description
- Discuss staffing/placement options including:
- Project based positions
- Permanent placement
- Create requisitions
- Discuss strategic departmental direction
Generate a diverse pool of candidates/applicants for open requisitions.
- Leverage various recruiting sources including:
- Starkey’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Internet searches
- Cold calling
- Employee referrals
- Competitor contacts
- Market research
- Trade associations
- Professional networking
- Social networks
- Job fairs
- On-campus recruiting
- External search firms
- Qualify candidates by conducting telephone, video conference and in-person interviews.
- Provide coaching and advice to candidates and hiring managers throughout the interviewing process.
- Review employment applications and resumes evaluating work history, education and training, job skills, compensation needs, and other qualifications of applicants.
- Refer qualified candidates to the hiring manager for review and offer recommendations to manager based on findings.
- Administer pre-employment personality/competency assessments
- Administer skills assessments relevant to the job if applicable
Extend and negotiate employment offers.
- Create, negotiate and extend employment offer letters for identified candidates
- Generate offer letters based on predetermined components defined by Starkey
Manage sourcing strategy for open and future requisitions.
- Identify and leverage different media outlets to communicate and market open requisitions
- Place advertisements/job postings in select job boards, websites, or other outlets as necessary to attract qualified candidate pool
- Evaluate whether the need for external recruiting expertise would be beneficial for each requisition
- Generate referrals from existing employees, references, trade organizations, etc.
Ensure A-Player recruiting practices adhere to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Knowledge and adherence to applicable federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to:
- Equal employment opportunity
- Company policy
Coach Managers and other interviewers on “'best practice'” interview techniques.
- Provide or direct managers with insight and training on interviewing “'best practices'”, including but not limited to:
- Competency/ behavior-based interviewing
- Identifying core competencies to be evaluated and assigned to team members during interview process.
- Cultural based interview matching
- Legal aspects of the recruiting process
Collaborate on projects to develop promotional recruiting material.
- Create marketing materials, to help support recruiting efforts of supporting departments based on need. These collateral pieces can be used for a variety of events:
- Campus recruiting
- Trade shows
- Professional organizations
- Internal marketing
Continue touch-points with new hires throughout the employee tenure.
- Measure engagement level of new hires and satisfaction in their role
- Generate referrals for potential future openings
- Adherence to scorecard measurements and expectations
- Quarterly review of recruiting metrics based on individual vs. group average
Other Duties (Non Measurable)
- Support Starkey Employee Corporate and/or Department Guidelines.
- Check and verify quality.
- Support corporate health and safety objectives.
- React to change productively and handle other essential duties as assigned.
Minimum education, certification and experience requirements:
4-year degree or equivalent required.
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Recruiting.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws and practices
Skills & Abilities
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Ability to travel for networking and sourcing.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
This position has access to personnel files, salary information and termination information.
Communicates regularly with recruiting agencies and advertising firms.
Communicates regularly with managers and employees at all levels of the company
To apply click Recruiter