Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
The Senior Talent Advisor is typically responsible for exempt requisitions for Medtronic (regions/business/functions). The Senior Talent Advisor will provide knowledge and data from industry and labor markets for the regions /business/functions they support to influence leader and candidate decisions.
The Senior Talent Advisor will support and fill requisitions developing and implementing strategies to source qualified, diverse candidates to meet position requirements from internal, external, and/or referral candidate pools. They will administer the recruitment process, ensure compliance with government regulations regarding employment.
The Senior Talent Advisor will enable the accomplishment of the talent management strategic goals and resolve issues and challenging situations. They will act as an advisor to hiring managers and help coach and mentor other Talent Advisors as it relates to quality and consistency of the work product and adherence to the Talent Acquisition Standards. They will actively participate in projects and strategic initiatives.
STRATEGIC ADVISING :
- Business Acumen: Understands Medtronic strategic vision and how it will be deployed among its divisions.
- Firm-Specific Business Acumen: Understands, clearly articulates and demonstrates how their work helps achieve the business model, operations, financial goals and competitive position. Looks for new ways to incorporate Medtronic mission and values and leadership expectations in their daily work
- Client-Specific Business Acumen: Understands and clearly articulates the business, products they support.
- Ensures compliant talent acquisition processes, guidelines and policies are followed. Exercises judgment and influence with hiring managers to minimize risk to the organization.
- Ensures compliant talent acquisition processes, guidelines and policies are followed. Exercises judgment and influence with hiring managers to minimize risk to the organization
- Needs Definition/Job Intake: Understands the talent needs of the hiring managers when opening a requisition and how to incorporate the organizations internal strategic talent strategy. Works closely with hiring managers and assists them in creating a diverse, multi-level supervisory organization.
- Understanding Job Requirements: Understand the skills and abilities required for several functions (i.e., quality, supply chain, engineering). Assists hiring managers to ensures OFCCP job descriptions adhering to job profiles/descriptors/leveling guides. Applies knowledge when confirming job descriptions.
- Candidate Management:
- Assessment/Selection: Ability to assess applicant/candidate quality, skills and competencies and identify the best candidate for a position. Partner with Talent Management to identify and successfully move internal candidates into new roles.
- Conversion: Ability to encourage prospects and candidates; providing coaching to both internal and external candidates by understanding their motivations (CLAMPS - Challenge, Location, Achievement, Money, People, Security) and decision criteria to move to a new role. Ability to convert a prospect to an applicant as to how this position can help them take a step forward in achieving their career aspirations.
- Interaction: Ability to maintain effective relationships with candidates throughout the recruiting process and build on the relationship to identify additional talent.
- Sourcing Expertise:
- Labor Market Expertise: Knowledgeable of the labor market(s) in which the talent advisor recruits and uses labor market expertise to support recruiting decisions and recommendations. Integrates labor market expertise from government sites and labor market analytical tools (Talent Neuron) and provides market insights in developing a recruiting strategy.
- Lead Generation: Ability to identify and maintain a diverse talent pipeline in anticipation of future needs. Leverages the ERG's PAN's, Campus Programs, Strategic Talent Sourcing (STS), ReferMDT and other resources to build a diverse talent pipeline.
- Strategic Sourcing: Using the right channels and messages to find targeted sources of high-quality candidates, leverages the latest digital technologies to locate, engage, and attract prospective candidates.
- Recruiting Process: Knowledge and skills for executing on recruiting processes, leveraging the Applicant Tracking System (Taleo).
- Evaluates profiles of potential candidates and performs phone screen assessments; screens all candidates for availability, interest level, salary range, relocation needs and basic qualifications.
- Delivers a compliant requisition dispositioning candidates properly and uploading a completed Interview Matrix.
- Ability to identify where inefficacies and bottle necks are in the recruiting process and how to remove, circumnavigate or solve them.
- Participates and assists on Talent Acquisition project work steams.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
- Bachelor’s Degree
Years of Experience
- 4+ years of experience in Human Resources or Talent Acquisition with a Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in Human Resources or Talent Acquisition with a Master’s degree
- Experience with ATS
- Experienced in influence skills, negotiation and consultations skills to drive to positive outcomes.
- Ability to conduct and analyze research on a variety of government sites and pertinent labor markets to draw recommendations.
- Experienced in the ability to acquire strategic business acumen to gain and understand the business and operations for the functions they served
- Persuades hiring managers on talent decisions
- Experience developing and maintaining effective relationships with candidates and acting as a ‘career coach’ by employees and the candidate pipeline.
- Proficiency in assessing applicant quality, skills and competencies and partner with hiring manager to identify the best candidates for functions and specific requisitions.
- Ability to recognize and influence hiring managers on transferable skills from other industries
- Proficiency in HRIS systems, (i.e. Workday, PeopleSoft) and strong skills in Microsoft Office Products. Solid experience in utilizing reporting functionality.
- Knowledge, understanding and application of employment related regulations (EEO, AAP, OFCCP).
- Strong learning agility, flexibility and adaptability
- Strong interpersonal, oral, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
- The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- Must be able to travel independently to various Medtronic buildings/site
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
To apply click Senior Talent Advisor