Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Recruiter that will support Orbital ATK’s corporate office full cycle recruiting and selection process for all corporate functions such as finance, technology, human resources, communications, supply chain and legal across the US. This position will also assist with the development and support of corporate talent acquisitions strategies, programs and systems across the company. This position may be filled in either the Dulles, VA or Minnetonka, MN corporate campus’s.
Responsibilities will include:
- Confer with hiring leaders and Human Resource business partners to identify talent needs, to build and execute appropriate recruitment strategies.
- Develop thoughtful, comprehensive, position-specific search strategies that leverage best practice recruiting methodologies and incorporates diversity to candidate slates
- Ensure an understanding of job duties, responsibilities and business requirements for positions that require recruitment.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with respective hiring leaders to create a partnership that yields successful, predictable results and credibility.
- Leverage online recruiting resources and in-house ATS to identify, attract, present and recruit top tier talent. Identify and deploy creative methodologies for sourcing quality candidates.
- Utilize candidate research and sourcing techniques that develop effective pipelines of key talent.
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements and business need.
- Effectively position and sell professional opportunities to both active and passive candidates.
- Pre-qualify candidates and develop interview slates.
- Prepare candidate information packages, including position profiles, resumes/CVs, interview guides and assessment forms, for distribution to hiring managers prior to interviews.
- Manage and coordinate all communication with candidates, including interview preparation, process overview, setting expectations, post-offer discussions, closing, offer letter review and general on-boarding.
- Interview and assess candidates using behavioral-based/targeted selection interview questions.
- Organize, lead and document post-interview debrief/feedback with interview teams and candidates.
- Perform detailed reference checking and/or reference analysis on selected candidates and reviews results with hiring managers.
- Collaborate with the HR service center and hiring managers to develop and execute an effective, efficient on-boarding process for each new hire.
- Maintain accurate and well-ordered documentation on all candidates, searches, hiring manager's interactions, and other recruiting activities.
- Update ATS appropriately for search tracking and reporting purposes for both internal and external systems.
- Produce weekly reports and analysis on recruiting status for all open, closed and canceled positions and overall updates on recruitment efforts to leadership and clients.
- Assist with the development and support of talent acquisition programs such as college relations, diversity outreach and internal selection programs.
- Proactively reach out to other talent acquisition groups within the company to learn of best practices and pipelining of candidates.
- Ensure compliance in the selection process and apply knowledge of OFCCP/EEO guidelines.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years staffing experience in full cycle recruitment preferably within a corporate environment
- Expert level knowledge in all full lifecycle recruiting components including, but not limited to: sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, job analysis, wage and salary trends, relationship management, and due diligence.
- Past experience working in or leading talent acquisition programs
- Understanding of OFCCP/EEO guidelines and how it applies to the recruitment cycle
- Proven experience with creative sourcing (social media, online job boards, etc.)
- Must be able to work with various recruiting sources
- Proficiency in personal computer use (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business needs and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in a discreet manner
- Knowledge and extensive past use of applicant tracking systems
- Excellent project management, writing, oral communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit for a broad/deep range of positions on a national, multi-location level.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and interface at all levels of the organization.
- Detail oriented and ability to handle multiple competing priorities is a must.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
To apply click Sr Recruiter