Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Who We’re Looking For & What You’re Doing
As a full-time in-house recruiter and tech evangelist at When I Work, you will play a critical role in growing our remote software engineering team. Our software engineers are world-class and we’re looking for a world-class recruiter to help us grow engineering significantly. Our engineering team works remotely so you will be sourcing candidates from all over the U.S. (at least for now!).
You will be responsible for ensuring that we hire high quality candidates for engineering. You will build a deep pipeline of potential candidates for various software engineering positions including mobile, front-end, full stack, QA, and operations. You will run the recruitment process from start to finish, including working with management to define required skill sets, screening candidates for basic technical ability, coordinating interviews, booking flights, checking references, and closing offers. You will also manage the When I Work brand from a recruiting standpoint, by telling the story of the When I Work opportunity and culture in the engineering community. You will be the voice of our engineering team and evangelize to the world.
You must be ready to work hard to find and attract top talent. This role requires that you be highly proactive in sourcing and recruiting the best -- posting a job description and seeing what happens won’t come close to cutting it.
Experience and Skills Needed
- Experienced (seriously, been there done that) recruiting experience, preferably at a start-up. Must have metrics to demonstrate your success.
- Direct sourcing experience with a demonstrated ability to build a pipeline of qualified candidates for a variety of positions at different levels of the organization.
- Remote hiring experience highly preferred. Since we hire from all over the country, we get a lot of applicants. You know what it takes to build a process that quickly finds great candidates in an sea of good ones.
- Knowledge of technical jargon and skill sets, as well as an understanding of how software is built and maintained. You can get past all the buzzwords to see what they really know.
- Know what competitive compensation packages look like and when they need to be adjusted.
- Know what it takes to build our engineering brand in the community.
- Strong interpersonal skills and extensive experience conducting interviews.
- Experience coaching and providing feedback to interviewers and hiring managers.
- Great selling and closing skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal.
- Knowledgeable with Application Tracking Systems, Jazz (Resumator) a strong plus.
Sound Like a Good Fit?
Check out our core values. If they excite you, we’d love to talk! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter explaining why you’d like to work at When I Work, and not somewhere else.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
To apply click IT Recruiter & Evangelist