Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 15 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
The Commons, located in Minneapolis, is the headquarters of Allina Health, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, the site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Abbott Northwestern Hospital, part of Allina Health, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
- Recruits and interviews internal and external allied health candidates to Allina Health.
- Recruits for a variety of positions that may include: rehab, radiology, laboratory, pharmacy, respiratory, mental health, surgical services and complimentary care.
- Screens potential employees for attributes desirable to the organization and the position while promoting the organization image as an employer of choice
- Support hiring managers to determine position needs, requirements, preferences, interviewing team and evaluation criteria
- Implements existing sourcing and recruitment strategies and/or tactics to meet the current and future workforce needs.
- Utilizes partnerships with the community, schools and agencies
- Maintains contact with organizations who specialize in targeted candidate referrals consistent with EEO requirements
- Participates in system-wide projects
- May recruit for higher level, specialized technical, professional, and/or managerial positions
- May consult in decision with supervisor and other department leads concerning promotion, transfer and employment
- May consult with WFP to implement sourcing and recruitment strategies and/or tactics to meet current workforce needs
- Works with management to identify sourcing options
- Advertises job opportunities, and makes recommendations on how to market jobs that align with best practice recruitment methods
- Actively seeks and utilizes partnerships with the community, schools and agencies
- Maintains contact with these organizations who specialize in targeted candidate referrals consistent with EEO requirements
- BA/BS or Equivalent Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in recruitment, screening, selection, and placement.
- Logical and creative problem-solver - strong problem analysis skills with the ability to take articulated needs or problems expressed by customers (clinicians or other health care leaders) and provide a creative and efficient solution to their measurement issues.
- Collaborative - develops collaborative partnerships across departments, business units and Allina to achieve results and improve reporting solutions.
- Takes initiative to become more knowledgeable about Allina’s business and healthcare industry trends
- Respectfully challenges others’ thinking to create effective and efficient data and/or reporting solutions
- Strong project management skills are required to manage issues or initiatives from initiation until they are either resolved or maintained within the system.
- Lives the Allina values – integrity, respect, trust, compassion and stewardship through actions, decision making and competence
- Customer-focused - takes responsibility for resolving customer problems; is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Respectful - demonstrates sensitivity, compassion, and respect for differing customer values, ideas, and concerns.
- Reliable - follows scheduled hours and follows through on timelines and commitments.
- Flexible - demonstrates capacity to quickly adapt to changing business and technology needs; effectively copes with change; shifts gears comfortably; helps others through change
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Team Player - actively participates as a member of the team; openly shares information and insight, supports other team. Communicates with colleagues to contribute to positive work environment; demonstrates a mutual community of trust with team members.
- Demonstrates sound judgment
- Detail oriented
Work Schedule – Additional Position Details
Monday-Friday with periodic weekends and travel to job fairs
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
To apply click HR Recruiter