Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
Are You ready? We have the career opportunity you've been waiting for...
Carousel Motor Group is adding this Talent Acquisition Manager position to our HR team as the natural next step in our evolution as a growing company. We have an exciting new company brand around which to build, good fundamental recruiting processes, an integrated HCM (ADP Vantage) implementation scheduled for later this year, and company-wide support for the importance of quality talent acquisition to our continued growth. The ideal candidate will have a passion for organization building together with the ability to develop and champion talent acquisition strategies and to execute daily staffing and onboarding activities. Whether you’re an established talent acquisition manager or a seasoned recruiter looking to apply your knowledge and experience more broadly, this is a chance to truly make your mark.
The Talent Acquisition Manager functions as the primary conduit of talent into the organization with responsibility for the development and execution of comprehensive employment branding, sourcing, recruitment, selection, and on-boarding strategies. The Talent Acquisition Manager is currently an individual contributor reporting to the SVP of Human Resources and working with the HR team and internal business partners/hiring managers to ensure ongoing and future talent needs are being met.
The Talent Acquisition Manager acts as a strategic partner by understanding the company’s long and short-term goals and aligning the talent acquisition strategies with the company's business objectives. Tactically, the TA manager works directly with hiring managers to drive and execute an effective full cycle talent acquisition process and participates in recruitment and selection for all positions with varying levels of involvement from opening to onboarding.
To execute this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Provide strategic guidance and direction to executive team, HR managers and business partners regarding market and industry employment trends, compensation and benefits, and competitive environment for talent.
- Collaborate with corporate/store management and HR teams during annual workforce and succession planning processes to forecast current and future resource needs for all levels of positions.
- Create and deliver comprehensive talent acquisition strategies that improve the overall talent level and bench strength of the organization, enhance CMG’s market position as an employer of choice, and meet company expectations regarding quality, diversity and cultural fit of candidates.
- Design and implement best-in-class work flows, processes, and systems that deliver timely and effective staffing outcomes.
- Communicate clearly defined process disciplines/expectations to all hiring managers; develop and facilitate training for all involved in the talent acquisition process.
- Provide support for all related CMG talent management initiatives including individual development planning, training and development, and succession planning.
- Consult with hiring managers during intake sessions to gain an understanding of specific position requirements, potential candidate profiles, and selection criteria.
- Identify talent pools and creatively/proactively/aggressively source potential candidates through the use of social media, job boards, internet sourcing, and other technical means
- Develop and manage relationships with colleges, community groups, professional networking organizations, social networks and third party staffing agencies to proactively identify and pipeline a diverse base of talent.
- Represent the company at career events, conferences, job fairs and other hiring-related events.
- Direct the design and placement of employment branding and advertising media
- Daily recruitment activities to include position control, internal/external job posting, pre-screening, scheduling and conducting interviews, administering and interpreting assessments, conducting background checks, offers generation and onboarding.
- Ongoing evaluation and use of assessment/selection instruments
- Establish and maintain an effective onboarding process for all new hires.
Systems and Measures: (10%)
- Establish measurable performance goals for CMG’s talent acquisition activities; monitor and report against key metrics to drive continuous improvement of services provided.
- Provide subject matter expertise, maintenance and optimization of talent acquisition systems.
- Ensure compliance with all legal aspects of the talent acquisition process.
- BA/BS in Business, Human Resources Management or related field
- Related professional certifications ( PHR, SPHR, AIRS) valued
- 7+ years current full cycle recruiting experience; automotive and/or retail environment preferred
- Past experience and proven success developing strategies, tactics, and measurements in a talent acquisition role required; experience leading a function or team to do same preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) is required; ADP preferred; implementation experience a plus
- Experience using, and preferably evaluating, pre-employment assessments tools required; experience with SHL/CEB and ZeroRisk a plus
- Proficient with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint; MS Access and Sharepoint experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience in a union environment helpful
- Strong business acumen with an ability to translate organizational imperatives into a cohesive talent acquisition strategy
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to communicate a vision, generate energy, create commitment and provide direction towards achievement of the talent acquisition goals and objectives
- Strong consultative approach with a demonstrated ability to develop successful business partner relationships and influence at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated expertise in talent sourcing strategies and tactics including referral generation, online social networking, resume database mining and search engine sourcing
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple projects/priorities and a high requisition load in a fast paced, customer-centric setting
- Deep understanding of compensation strategies and practices, especially related to commission/variable pay plans
- Thorough knowledge of employment practices and federal, state and local employment laws
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and the ability to engage, evaluate, and close prospective candidates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to represent the company effectively in a variety of settings
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member
- Must be comfortable and confident in an ambiguous and somewhat unstructured work environment
- Regular and predictable attendance is essential, as is the ability to work flexible hours as needed
Carousel Motor Group, a part of the Pohlad Companies since 2008, continues to gain recognition as a leading automotive retailer and service provider in the Twin Cities and surrounding areas. We own and operate automotive dealerships representing the most sought after brands in the automotive market. CMG's growth and success is a credit to the teamwork and integrity of talented employees, professionals who exhibit a passion not only for their brands but for exceeding expectations and building long-term relationships with their customers, co-workers and communities. If you're motivated by challenge, driven to excellence and looking for a life-changing career opportunity, now is the time to make your move - to Carousel Motor Group!
All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, and pre-employment drug testing in order to qualify for employment.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Manager