Full Time Minnesota Recruiter Job
The Sourcing Specialist role at Blue Cross will build talent capabilities focused on strategic sourcing, lead generation, prospect engagement, and relationship development. A major responsibility of this position is to find and qualify the right talent with the purpose of building strong talent pipelines for current and future needs within Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (BCBSMN). Another responsibility is to create sourcing strategies that fit our local labor market and internal demand for talent. This role supports the operations of the Blue Cross corporate recruiting function utilizing best practice sourcing techniques and methods. The Talent Acquisition Sourcing Specialist may participate and get involved in the completion of simple or complex human resource projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS % of Time (estimated)
Build and Maintain Select Talent Pipelines - 50%
- Focuses pipeline-building efforts on positions that are critical to current and future business strategy.
- Develops partnerships with communities/organizations, recruiting and healthcare industries and other professional associations through events participation.
- Manages the existing pipeline; keeps potential candidates engaged, and demonstrates BCBSMN core values and employee value proposition through interaction with candidates.
- Proactively conducts research and investigates new ideas to create effective sourcing strategies.
- Assess the ROI of various sourcing channels by using standard criteria to evaluate current and potential channels.
- Assess regional and local labor market trends and advise on appropriate strategies
- Use labor market tools to advise Talent Advisor on recruiting and sourcing strategy.
- Source diverse candidates and recommend them to hiring managers and senior management
- Create a recruiting social media strategy for Blue Cross
Measure social media efforts Conduct Internet Specialized Sourcing Strategies - 40%
- Acts as the social media sourcing expert and identifies and uses non-traditional sourcing strategies to find talent.
- Strategically sources candidates using a variety of internet sourcing methodologies.
- Stays abreast of social media marketing and sourcing approaches, including latest tips, tricks, sites, case studies and happenings and engages the team in knowledge sharing.
Participates in Human Resources projects - 10%
- Participates in and/or takes ownership of human resources projects as required
The job description in not intended to be an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities of the position. Employees are held accountable for all functions of the job. Job duties and the % of time identified for any function are subject to change at any time.
- Work is performed in an office setting
- In-state and out-of-state travel occasionally required
- Required travel between Eagan campus building locations
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years experience of internet research/talent sourcing from social networks and other social media and community platforms, or 7 years experience of internet research/talent sourcing from social networks and other social media and community platforms.
- Solid internet searching knowledge and abilities and the application of recent advances in social media sourcing technology, networks, community platforms, systems and software, and the use of Boolean strings.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills with candidates and community leaders.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with behavioral interviewing and probing techniques, candidate assessment and qualification.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and of OFCCP compliance issues.
- Self-motivated with a high level of confidence and independence.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks/projects sometimes of a complex nature.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people in an office working environment.
- Focused, results-oriented, and works with a sense of urgency.
- Effective problem-solving and creative thinking skills.
- Possesses a high level of professionalism, ethics and integrity.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- Sits in front of the computer for several hours at a time.
- Some driving is involved to participate in local business community and professional events.
- Prefer AIRS certification
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.
To apply click Talent Acquisition Sourcing Specialist