Full Time Recruiter Job
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Pearson VUE is currently seeking a Technical Recruiter that is responsible for planning, developing and implementing recruitment staffing strategies for high volume positions within our Technology departments. The Technical Recruiter works closely and in cooperation with generalists and recruiting team, manager and hiring management to determine critical staffing needs and assures that all open, approved positions are posted appropriately and job requisitions closed when positions are filled. The Technical Recruiter also develops and implements recruitment outreach activities. The Technical Recruiter will comply with all federal and state laws and strictly follow Pearson policy and procedure and is also responsible for all metrics and reporting of recruitment and selection activities in their assigned area.
- Staffing and Recruiting: responsible for posting accuracy, updating and maintaining job opportunities on the Pearson job board. Reviews candidate resumes and interviews applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills and salary requirements. Coordinates the screening and interviewing of candidates by hiring managers, and when necessary works with third party agencies to identify and recruit potential contract placements. Utilizes Internet on-line recruiting sources to identify and recruit candidates. Closes completed requisitions. Performs reference and reference checks and verifies credentials on applicants.
- Administrative: Prepares and ensures all the paperwork and document files are completed for new employment.
- Communication: Communicates with functional department managers and HR Leadership on recruiting and sourcing strategy, forming and clarifying descriptions of opening positions, and reporting recruiting progress.
- Sourcing: Researching different recruiting channels and networking to discover diverse pools of new candidates.
Education and Experience:
- BA in Business Administration or Human Resources with 3-5 years related experience.
- High volume fast paced recruiting experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and understanding of application program and software development life cycle a plus.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong sourcing skills with demonstrated success utilizing current on-line sourcing techniques, networking and building pipelines.
- Comprehensive behavioral based interviewing and candidate assessment skills.
- Strong consultative skills to support hiring managers and candidates.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Windows applications.
- Knowledge of on-line job boards, iCIMS and referral programs preferred
- High volume, fast paced recruiting experience strongly preferred.
To apply click Technical Recruiter