Full Time Minnesota IT Job
At Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota we are inspired by our mission to eliminate barriers to work and independence. All of our employees know their efforts and contributions strengthen our communities and allow people to create better lives, both for themselves and their families. It’s that belief that drives our actions, informs our decisions, and is the reason we’ve been able to grow. Together, we prepare people for work! Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota envisions a world where everyone experiences the power of work. If you share our vision, we encourage you to join us.
Jan 31, 2015
An entirely new role at Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota, the Sr. Systems Administrator will be relied upon to fulfill organizational goals utilizing cutting-edge cloud and mobility technologies. As the lead technical resource within GES, you should have an in-depth understanding of recent advancements in IT and be ready to mentor and lead a growing and talented team. Goodwill-Easter Seals is a rapidly growing non-profit retailer that provides a broad range of human services across the State of Minnesota. You will be responsible for ensuring the success of IT initiatives and operations that meet existing internal needs and provide flexibility for the future of the organization.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
• A minimum of 4+ years of proven experience managing, designing, and delivering infrastructure and solutions to meet strategic technology objectives.
• Must have experience leading a team, ensuring effective and efficient growth and developing internal talent.
• Must be a critical thinker with experience developing creative IT solutions to complex business challenges.
• Understands the importance of documentation in ensuring IT operations run smoothly and efficiently.
• Some experience with network architecture and telecommunications required, with a preference for Cisco hardware and related technologies.
• Strong hands-on/technical knowledge of core Microsoft technologies including but not limited to Windows servers and Active Directory.
• Experience with disaster recovery/business continuity planning, bring-your-own-device initiatives, and privacy and security compliance desired.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE OR SKILLS:
• Must have both the knowledge and the ability to develop a multi-year technology strategy that aligns with industry advancements with organizational objectives.
• Significant knowledge of cloud computing, preferably experience with Office 365 and Amazon Web Services.
• Ability to rapidly learn and absorb new technologies and apply them effectively to our unique environment.
• Knowledge of software development preferred.
• Must be an effective communicator, with the ability to lead meetings, present information, and draft documentation, polices, and procedures. Should be proficient at communicating technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences. Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate professional staff.
• Proven ability to apply industry standards and best practices to IT operations and service management. Must be an adept troubleshooter with the ability to quickly resolve technical issues.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with changing priorities and requirements.
• Graduate degree in related field
• Preferred certifications include Microsoft (MCSA/MCSE), AWS (SysOps Admin/Solutions Architect), Cisco (CCNA/CCNP), ITIL, CISSP, and PMP.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, status with regard to public assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other protected class.
To apply click Sr Systems Administrator