Full Time Minnesota IT Job
ServeMinnesota is a catalyst for positive social change, working with AmeriCorps and community partners to meet critical needs in Minnesota
The organization gets results by:
-Innovation: researching and applying the best methods to create powerful local solutions
-Investment: raising and allocating funds for AmeriCorps program development, and people serving in those programs, to maximize return
-Alignment: aligning with local community and government priorities and setting consistent program standards to ensure measurable results
Inspiring action to change Minnesota communities for the better
Founded in 1994, ServeMinnesota began as the Minnesota Commission on National and Community Service. It was housed within the Department of Family and Children’s Services and was the designated recipient and administrator of funding for Minnesota's AmeriCorps program. In 2002, the Minnesota Legislature approved the organization becoming a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with the broader mission of advancing national service and volunteerism across the state.
Over the past five years, with the leadership of its Executive Director Audrey Suker and the Board of Directors, staff have worked together to strengthen the organization's strategic role in addressing the needs of its Minnesota communities. The organization has succeeded in establishing itself as a nonprofit and in providing statewide leadership to meet critical needs with AmeriCorps resources.
ServeMinnesota provides invaluable programs and services to Minnesota communities. With the dedication of more than 600 AmeriCorps members, ServeMinnesota has improved the state of Minnesota through its programs which focus on the following areas:
-Building affordable housing
-Improving access for new Minnesotans
-Increasing employment for underemployed individuals
-Assisting our children along the educational pathway to reduce achievement gaps
Open until filled
The Information Systems Officer provides strategic leadership and oversight on information technology, leading the efforts to ensure that ServeMinnesota has state-of-the-art data systems that allow it to effectively and efficiently achieve its goals. This position will focus primarily on the data systems to support the Reading Corps, which is a multi-state AmeriCorps reading intervention program that serves over 30,000 students annually. This position will have primary responsibility for oversight of both existing and future data management systems supporting the strategic initiatives of ServeMinnesota, acting as liaison between vendor, staff and end users to ensure that effective and efficient systems are built and maintained.
ServeMinnesota Research Director
The primary near-term objectives are three fold:
1. Manage Current Data Management System: Serve as the internal Project Manager for the current data management system for Reading Corps, working closely with the firm that is developing the software, staff at ServeMinnesota, staff at the ServeMinnesota Action Network, and Master Literacy Coaches to ensure the system is meeting the needs of all individuals.
2. Plan and Manage Future Data Management Systems: Serve as internal project analyst to continually assess the alignment of ServeMinnesota data systems with the strategic data needs of the Minnesota Reading Corps, Minnesota Math Corps and the Promise Fellows AmeriCorps programs. Make recommendations for enhancements/changes to our data management system based on these on-going assessments. Role will be critical in supervising and guiding future project lifecycles, from vendor selection through an RFP process to development and ultimately deployment.
3. Stakeholder Reports: Extract and integrate data from current software systems, data warehouse and / or Excel spreadsheets to prepare summary reports for stakeholders Additional specific responsibilities of the position include:
- -Serve as lead point of contact on the data management system projects and take charge of all aspects of project management
- -Create and implement project plans for data management system implementation with timelines and benchmarks, and monitor progress to assure deadlines and standards are met
- -Lead a cross-departmental task force team to continue to understand the needs of the organization at all levels, and ensure those needs are being fulfilled in the design of the data management systems/reports
- -Create and maintain a database map to provide a clear picture of the flow of information within the system
- -Continually build and refine the organization's understanding of its data needs and opportunities, and work collaboratively with other members of the organization to develop strategies to continue to use data to advance the efficiencies and impact of the organization
- -Create written, visual, and audio records of work products related to data manipulation and reporting.
- -Lead the efforts to develop data quality assurance systems and provide ongoing oversight to the implementation of the system to ensure data is accurate and complete
- -Co-manage the distribution of reports to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, as well as creating ad hoc reports within the data warehouse
- -Work collaboratively with the ServeMinnesota Action Network to support any additional database needs, as well as additional database needs at ServeMinnesota
o Required: MS SQL, mySQL, Excel, Access, Word, Windows OS
o Optional: PHP, Zend, R.
4 year degree (or advanced degree) in relevant field (information systems, information technology and / or computer science).
3-5 years experience using data warehouses and relational databases, and managing their implementation
Solid foundation and experience in project management and management information systems technology; in particular experience in managing software rollouts
Previous experience in selecting vendors for digital projects using an RFP process.
-Excellent oral and written communication skills, includes ability to write clear training manuals and documentation, ability to listen to and understand individual and collective needs within the organization and also communicate the organization's and stakeholders' needs to ultimately serve as a link between the organization and the software vendor
-Strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders towards the same goal
-Ability to work independently
-Possess a high-level of analytical and strategic thinking skills to ensure the data management system is ultimately efficient and productive for end-users
-Quality control - demonstrates accuracy, attention to detail and monitors own work to ensure quality
-Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events; ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
-Dependability - consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
Please submit your cover letter and resume to LisaCarlson@ServeMinnesota.org