Full Time Minnesota IT Job
The Arc promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities. The Arc pursues lasting community change and connections that support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families in creating a good life.
Closing Date: May 9, 2014
This position provides support to The Arc technology system, including all computer hardware and software, servers, printers, telephone systems, and other peripheral devices as required to provide a functional computer network. Provide helpdesk and training services to the staff members of The Arc Greater Twin Cities and others as directed by the Director of Technology & Security. Provides support services to the administration of The Arc Greater Twin Cities.
• Provide support to Arc’s Value Village Thrift Store POS System.
• Maintain all technology items in The Arc Greater Twin Cities inventory in good working order, including diagnostic and repair activities.
• Provide Help Desk services to The Arc staff.
• Provide diagnostic and maintenance activities for The Arc Greater Twin Cities virtual environment (VMware), SAN, Citrix.
• Assure The Arc’s Disaster Recovery System is functional and up-to-date daily.
• Lifecycle management activities including patch management and inventory control.
• 3 - 5 years experience in information technology field required
• Working knowledge of Citrix XenApp.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems and Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications.
• Strong knowledge and experience in Microsoft Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 to include Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, DHCP etc.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server.
• Working knowledge of Cisco routers, firewalls and VoIP structure.
• Working knowledge of VMware and disaster recovery techniques using virtual server concepts.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Competitive Benefits and Salary
The Arc Greater Twin Cities is proud to be an AA/EEO employer
To apply click Information Technology Specialist