Full Time Minnesota IT Job
OCHC Mission and Goals The mission of Open Cities Health Center is to provide culturally competent primary and preventive health care and related services to all people throughout the Twin Cities metropolitan area. The goal is to improve the health and well being of high risk and vulnerable populations through the provision of affordable medical and dental care and related services.
This position reports to the IT Manager. Responsible for helping maintain the computer network, workstations, and related operational activities.
• Implements policies and procedures relating to software and hardware maintenance, and equipment use.
• Assists in maintenance of computers and systems that meets accreditation association standards and accepted professional practice. Assists in organizational preparedness for accreditation surveys.
• Troubleshoots and work to resolve software and hardware problems.
• Performs process evaluations, with the assistance as needed with the IT Manager to determine and improve overall agency performance.
• Evaluates and recommends new technology to assist employees in performance of their duties.
• Conducts audits as per schedule.
• Assists employees with use of software and hardware.
• Serves as a departmental contact for data and report requests.
• Provides updates to the IT Manager on activities and issues associates with staff that may affect other areas.
Preferred Qualification At least 5 years’ experience in Information Systems, Statistics and or Informatics. Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Statistics (with advanced knowledge in Computer systems Minimum Qualification Minimum of an Associate Degree in Information Management, Informatics, or any Computer related field with advanced knowledge in statistics.
Physical demands include the ability to sit for lengthy periods of time and to lift, carry, push stoop and bend.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of Practice Management and Electronic Medical Records software and hardware.
• Knowledge of policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of information management systems, laws and regulations.
• Skill in computer systems and programs.
• Skill in system analysis.
• Ability to conduct training and education sessions for staff
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations of people.
• Ability to be a working manager, leading by example.
To apply click Information Systems Specialist