About Frontend Masters
Frontend Masters is the premier training platform for front-end engineering skills, Node.js, and beyond!Our customers are over 10,000+ software engineers who appreciate high-quality software and learning interfaces. Developers have watched millions of hours of our courses.
We are an incredibly effective team for our size, with each person making a significant impact on the business resulting in a lot of autonomy and opportunities. The company was founded over a decade ago and is self-funded, profitable, growing, and stable.
With our focus on high-quality, engaging education, we are committed to providing students with the resources they need to succeed. Frontend Masters is an excellent choice for anyone looking to see a direct impact of their work advancing customer skills through education while simultaneously advancing their own skills and career.
Location: Hybrid - meetings and collaborative projects in downtown Minneapolis ~1-2 days per week. Fully remote applications may be considered for US-based applicants.
Reports to: CTO
Salary range: $120,000 - $160,000
Interview process (~2 weeks):
- Recruiter - phone call
- CTO - video call
- Leadership team panel | software engineer panel - in person
- Team lunch possible
Key Responsibilities for Our Senior Engineer Position
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer(s) to join our small but experienced team. The team works across disciplines, including web, API, cron, cloud, database, and CDN.
- Meaningful experience working with the Go programming language
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Ability to write efficient and well-designed code
- Patterns and best practices in software architecture
- Experience working within a CICD environment
- Baseline knowledge of AWS
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience working on systems at scale
- A high level of comfort working in the terminal
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with Docker
- A record of success working remotely
- Familiarity with front-end technologies
- Experience working with any of the following: EC2, ECS, S3, RDS, ElasticCache, Lambda, Cloudfront, Code Pipeline, GitHub Actions
- 401k with matching
- Healthcare 100% covered
- Premium Health Plan + Vision and Dental
- HSA Account funded by the company to cover the cost of the deductible
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Minimum Vacation Policy (16 days)
- Profit Sharing
- EARS (Equity Appreciation Units)
- Parking reimbursed
We welcome all
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.