About Frontend Masters
Frontend Masters is the premier training platform for front-end engineering skills, Node.js, and beyond! Our customers are over 10,000+ software engineers who appreciate high-quality software and learning interfaces. Developers have watched millions of hours of our courses.
We are an incredibly effective team for our size, with each person making a significant impact on the business resulting in a lot of autonomy and opportunities. The company was founded over a decade ago and is self-funded, profitable, growing, and stable.
With our focus on high-quality, engaging education, we are committed to providing students with the resources they need to succeed. Frontend Masters is an excellent choice for anyone looking to see a direct impact of their work advancing customer skills through education while simultaneously advancing their own skills and career.
Location: Hybrid - meetings and collaborative projects in downtown Minneapolis ~1-2 days per week. Fully remote applications may be considered for US-based applicants.
Reports to: CEO
Salary range: $140K - $160K
Interview process (~2 weeks):
- Recruiter phone call
- CEO/CTO video call
- Development and Product team panel in person
- Team lunch possible
This is a new role for us and you will help us define it:
- Collaborate with product and engineering to build modern and delightful web, mobile, and offline interfaces for the Frontend Masters platform.
- Partner with the product manager to define the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for the platform and mobile apps.
- Establish Frontend Masters' design DNA with a high level of autonomy as the first person on the design team. We trust the expertise of the people we hire.
- Translate complex systems into intuitive user experiences through user flows, designs, copy, and prototypes at the right level of fidelity. Test and iterate throughout the development lifecycle.
- Understand customer use cases that help define the Frontend Masters product.
- Work closely with product to drive UX research, both qualitative and quantitative, to yield insightful, actionable, data-driven design decisions.
- Understand how customers are using the Frontend Masters platform to further their education.
- Share ownership of the Frontend Masters UI and design system across all interfaces, scaling it by contributing to components, UI patterns, and documentation.
- Set the standards for accessibility, user research, information architecture, interaction design, and visual design.
- Help tell the story of our product by capturing user stories for use in demos and marketing.
- 401k with matching
- 100% healthcare covered
- Premium Health Plan + Vision and Dental
- HSA Account funded by the company to cover the cost of the deductible
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Minimum Vacation Policy (16 days)
- Profit Sharing
- EARS (Equity Appreciation Units)
- Parking reimbursed
We welcome all
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.