Senior Network Engineer
Full Time Senior Network Engineer Job
Lunds & Byerlys
I am working with Lunds & Byerlys to find their Senior Network Engineer.
This is a highly visible role in the company reporting to Frederic Pontaut, VP of IT.
Some highlights of the role then the job description…
- 1 senior contractor in this role (out of state)
- 1 full time Junior Network Engineer
5 key areas with the first two being critical:
- Palo Alto Firewall (experience with Panorama)
Hybrid work environment:
- 1-2 days in the office is the average
- $115K – $140K (general range)
I have a bunch more information I gladly share with you. Send me a note at [email protected] and include any of the following and I will set up a call for us: summary, resume or LinkedIn url.
If not, click => “Say Hello” and introduce yourself to me and we can talk about what you are looking for.
Our Commitment to You: Lunds & Byerlys is committed to taking care of the employees who take care of our customers. We are committed to creating work environments centered around the values of hospitality, teamwork, and opportunity. Lunds & Byerlys is committed to providing equal opportunities to all interested and qualified candidates.
We welcome all
A little bit about us, we might be for you if you are looking for a...
Strong culture based on values, family and team. These words are not just tossed around. They are at the core of who we are.
"Great place to work" - we are a StarTribune Top Workplace 2019-2022.
Hometown team with a beloved brand and solid reputation.
Flexible work arrangement. While weeks and projects vary a bit, on average you may be in the office 1-2 days a week as needed
Specific to this role:
Will report to: Frederic Pontaut, Vice President of Information Technology
Interview process: 3-4 steps and should take 2 weeks or less (calendars permitting)
Why available: our current team member is moving out of state and we need to have our person in the Minneapolis/St Paul region
You will have a Network Engineer on your team, and you like to teach, train and mentor
The past 18 months have been very busy for our tech team. It has been a lot of fun during challenging times, and we have more to do. We'll share what that means throughout the interview process.
NOTE: The following is a profile or persona of who we are looking for. If you have many of the characteristics below, please apply so we can start a conversation.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining and administering the company's computer networks. The role's primary duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. This individual also works closely with the users of our network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems. This is a hands-on role that will require working on a cross-functional team. This individual is also responsible for providing outstanding client service and contributes to successfully achieving the objectives of the team and company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following description of work to be performed by this individual is not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, it focuses on the major tasks that must be accomplished. There are many necessary activities to satisfy any of the following performance guidelines.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring our VOIP environment
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software
- Developing complete architectures according to business requirements and provide automation solutions specific to network implementations
- Building and maintaining relationships with major technology suppliers to continuously explore opportunities to increase the business value of products and services received
- Ensuring infrastructure is delivered and supported cost-effectively and that total cost is defined for specific initiatives.
- Working with outside companies/vendors to build and maintain static VPN connectivity when required by the business.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology related field and 7+ years' experience building and supporting network systems OR 2+ years post high school education or applicable training in a technology related field and 9+ years of experience building and supporting network systems
- Knowledge of Palo Alto, Panorama, Palo Alto SDWAN, Cisco.
- Strong understanding of VOIP, experience with Cisco Call Manager preferred.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Strong experience in network security with emphasis on PCI (Payment Card Industry) requirements
- Network security experience.
- LAN and WAN experience.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS/EQUIPMENT USED, IF APPLICABLE
- Office Equipment (this may include computer, phone, printer, scanner, copier and fax machine)