Full Time Minnesota DevOps Engineer Job
Star Tribune is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to work in fast-paced, agile environment to join our Digital Operations team. This team has a multifaceted role in Star Tribune’s creation and deployment of new media systems. We work within and alongside a world-class news organization to ensure stability, performance, and continuous improvement.
- Participate in strategic, capacity, and performance planning for server infrastructure
- Assist with implementation of an internal Platform as a Service
- Develop internal tools and systems and write custom integrations for various applications and vendor API’s
- Maintain and refine configuration management and process automation systems
- Identify and recommend new technologies that will further benefit our systems and network operations
- Analyze and recommend new directions for all layers of our operational software stack, including operating systems, distributions, and services
- Identify opportunities for improving security, reliability, and scalability of server infrastructure
- Work with other teams in the organization to improve developer and designer workflow and communication
- Take part in 24/7 on-call rotations
- Work with your peers as a subject matter expert on server technologies, automation, and IaaS services
- 3+ years of related experience, preferably in cloud-based environments
- Strong programming experience, especially in PHP, Python, C++, or Go
- Experience with orchestration management tools like Ansible and Terraform
- Deep knowledge of server-side Linux as well as OS X
- In depth experience working with Amazon Web Services (including CLI/SDKs)
- Experience writing shell scripts to accomplish server automation tasks
- Familiarity with network protocols and the OSI model
- Strong experience working with application metrics and performance monitoring, such as Datadog, Nagios, Prometheus, etc.
- Familiarity with both developing and orchestrating Docker and other container-based services
- Experience writing APIs and server dæmons in Python, PHP, Node.js, and/or Go
- Proficiency in continuous integration, build, and orchestration tools like CircleCI, Rundeck, Jenkins, etc.
- Familiarity with the “immutable infrastructure” philosophy
- Knowledge of deploying applications written in PHP, Node.js, Python, and/or Go
- Knowledge of in-memory datastores like memcached and Redis
- Database administration experience, as well as knowledge of cloud based relational databases.
Some top benefits include: a new downtown office with free gym access to Steele Fitness in the building and access to rooftop amenities in warm months; commuter benefits; competitive medical and dental insurance; paid time off; 401(k) matching; tuition assistance; and unlimited digital access to Star Tribune. In addition, Star Tribune has partnerships with many organizations that offer our employees a variety of discounts!
If yes, you can apply directly at Minneapolis StarTribune Careers or send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and include any of the following and I will do an introduction for you: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn or GitHub.
If not, click => “Say Hello” and introduce yourself to me and we can talk about what you are looking for.