Full Time Minnesota Technical Writer Job
Total Expert is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company that provides the first modern, web-based, enterprise-level marketing and sales software solution built specifically for banking and mortgage. Eight of the top 15 mortgage lenders in the country use Total Expert. Total Expert was named a 2018 TECH100 recipient by HousingWire, a 2018 Top Workplace by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune and named the fastest-growing software company in Minnesota in 2018 by the Inc. 500.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to gather information and become familiar with product functionality
- Plan, develop, catalog, and maintain high-quality internal- and external-facing documentation and presentations as product is updated
- Apply consistent content styling across documentation to ensure continuity in tone and terminology
- Create easy-to-understand user interface text to be used in online help or internal guides
- Generate documentation as part of product release activities, or broader product launch initiatives in conjunction with Product Marketing
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to evaluate the success of documentation and adjust as needed
- Foster a workplace with the highest moral and ethical standards to ensure Total Expert remains an environment that promotes respect, innovation, and creativity
What you’ll have:
- 2+ years of Technical Writer experience, preferably in the area of SaaS platforms
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written skills in English with a keen ability to write in an explanatory and procedural style for varied audiences
- Strong analytical, prioritization, communication and negotiating skills
- Curious in nature, which drives you to ask great questions that informs how best to create documents that support users
- Solid track record of building relationships and influencing without authority at all levels of the organization
- Proactive in sharing experiences and techniques with team members to turn feedback into learning opportunities
If yes, you can apply directly at Total Expert Careers or send me a note at email@example.com and include any of the following and I will do an introduction for you: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn or GitHub.
If not, click => “Say Hello” and introduce yourself to me and we can talk about what you are looking for.