Full Time Minnesota Solutions Architect Job
At phData, we believe that we are witnessing a new age of digitization and decision automation. To compete, even traditional companies must deliver machine learning and analytics-enabled data platforms and data products. Examples include a medical device manufacturer building machine learning models to guide therapies or a global industrial manufacturer using deep learning models to identify product defects. This means that the data problems that used to apply only to Google and Facebook, now apply to a filter manufacturer, a medical device manufacturer, or a healthcare provider.
phData matches machine learning and analytics to the business goals of the world's largest and most successful companies. phData is one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S. and demand for our services and software has skyrocketed. This has resulted in quality growth and an expanded presence at our company headquarters located in Downtown Minneapolis, as well as in Bangalore, India, and across the U.S. We’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Minneapolis for three consecutive years and we were listed as the 48th fastest growing private company in the U.S. on the Inc. 5000 list.
We pride ourselves on offering employees phenomenal growth and learning opportunities in addition to competitive compensation, health insurance, generous PTO and excellent perks including extensive training and paid certifications.
Solution Architects serve as transformative technology leaders. In this hands-on role, your responsibilities include:
- Scope requirements for large scale, complex technology infrastructure projects ensuring performance, reliability and optimization for big data clusters as well as recommend resources required to deploy and optimize big data technologies
- Installation, administration, and configuration of big data clusters
- Hadoop Administration; managing and monitoring distributed systems and middleware application performance; recommend, configure and optimize Hadoop ecosystem
- Configuration, troubleshooting and performance tuning of Java applications
- Hadoop security; LDAP, Active Directory and Kerberos (KDC) administration
- Hadoop encryption; HDFS transparent data encryption, LUKS and PKI methodologies
- 5+ years of Linux OS installation, configuration, administration and performance optimization as a Linux System or Java Middleware Engineer with emphasis on distributed computing
- Experience integrating Linux OS with user authentication backend (LDAP/Active Directory)
- Hadoop experience including:
- Hadoop distribution (Cloudera preferred) including cluster installation and configuration
- Core Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, YARN) and on one or more ecosystem products/languages such as HBase, Spark, Impala, Search, Kudu, etc.
- Java application configuration and performance tuning
- Support for cloud-based big data clusters; AWS preferred
- Infrastructure automation; experience with Ansible and Git is a plus
- Experience scoping activities on large scale, complex technology infrastructure projects
- Proven experience working with key stakeholders and customers with the ability to translate “big picture” business requirements and use cases into a Hadoop solution, including ingestion of many data sources, ETL processing, data access, and consumption, as well as custom analytics.
- Excellent communication skills and customer relationship management including project escalations, and participating in executive steering meetings
In addition to key technical responsibilities, Solution Architects play a lead role in the following areas:
- Support one primary client and 1-2 additional clients for short durations
- Deliver both informal and formal client training (for example, deliver phData Intermediate Hadoop, Intermediate Storage, etc.)
- Help establish and grow our partnership relationships
- Collaborate with practice owner on Statement of Work (SOW) deliverables
- Help attract and retain the top talent in the industry
If yes, you can apply directly at phData Careers or send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and include any of the following and I will do an introduction for you: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn or GitHub.
If not, click => “Say Hello” and introduce yourself to me and we can talk about what you are looking for.