Full Time Minnesota Senior Software Engineer Job
Daugherty Business Solutions
At a lot of organizations, it is hard to stand out in a sea of developers. Everyone is working on the same projects; creating and testing as fast and efficiently as humanly possible. Don’t get lost in the crowd.
Team Daugherty offers developers the opportunity to work on something different. From one project to the next, engineers at Daugherty are constantly creating, testing and implementing solutions for our clients, and no two client projects are the same. With every project comes the unique opportunity to showcase your skills, learn something new and teach others the skills you’ve already mastered.
What type of developer fits the Daugherty profile? I could tell you, or I could let some of Team Daugherty do it in their own words.
“Prior to joining Daugherty, I thought I was at the top of my game. I was a Lead Engineer and Systems Architect developing collaboration and decision-support software for our nation's intelligence agencies (CIA, DIA, NSA, etc.). When I joined Daugherty, I found out quickly that I was among peers from whom I had a lot to learn. That was an awesome feeling!"
- Rob Jacobs, SA&E LOS Leaders, Sr. Principal, Solution Architect
Now, imagine yourself:
- Solving interesting business and technology problems using modern languages and frameworks.
- Being a member of a supportive team balancing beautiful code with pragmatic delivery, one iteration to the next, with the support of those around you.
- Leaning on a team of talented software engineers and colleagues for help when you get stuck
- Gathering and collaborating with team members who are as interested learning as you are: lunch-and-learns, developer summits, Slack communities, Safari Books Online, Pluralsight!
- Leading a team of developers and analysts throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Having Fun: Hack-nights, board game and RPG nights, geek movie nights, happy hours, etc!
Interested in joining our crew? Here are a few things that we look for in a consultant and developer:
- Interest in software development with a strong customer focus and requirements-driven design and development.
- Ability to solve business problems across multiple industry verticals.
- Excitement to learn and work with technologies and languages such as:
- Java and the Spring ecosystem (Boot, Security, Data, Cloud, etc.), Groovy
- Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Azure; Kubernetes and Container technologies such as Docker
- A variety of architecture styles: microservices, services-based, event-driven, etc.
- Tools and technologies that support modern CI/CD pipelines to enable DevOps: Git, Maven, Jenkins, various testing frameworks, etc.
- Data and Data Science: Python, Scala, Golang
- SQL Server, Oracle, Cassandra, MongoDB, NoSQL
We offer members of Team Daugherty:
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Revenue sharing and a 401(k) retirement savings.
- Life, disability, and long-term care insurance.
- Little to no travel.
- Robust career development and extensive training.
The recruiting process at Daugherty is a little different for every candidate. We want you to feel excited to join our team. We want you to be eager to take on a new challenge. We are always 100% honest about what to expect, because we don’t want Daugherty to be just another job. We want Daugherty to be your dream job.
If yes, you can apply directly at Daugherty Careers or send me a note at email@example.com and include any of the following and I will do an introduction for you: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn or GitHub.
If not, click => “Say Hello” and introduce yourself to me and we can talk about what you are looking for.