Full Time Minnesota Sr QA Job
Dispatch is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer who is highly motivated, passionate about ensuring an amazing product and has a proven track record for driving quality in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The quality assurance team is new at Dispatch! As a member of this new team, you will help to refine the role and what it means at the company.
As a senior quality assurance engineer, you’ll be responsible for validating changes that the engineering teams make to the Dispatch systems and applications. You will be responsible for ensuring that the changes meet all requirements and acceptance criteria without introducing any undesired or negative consequences (poor performance, the introduction of new bugs, etc.). In addition, you will develop and maintain the automated test scripts used to identify regressions in the software as changes are made by the engineering team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Execute all job duties in alignment with Dispatch’s core values, mission, and purpose
- Acts ethically and with integrity to promote an environment that promotes respect, innovation, and creativity
- Encourages and fosters an inclusive environment. An environment where the strengths and expertise of our workforce are welcomed, amplified and exhibited in the work at Dispatch
- Help define and mature the QA process at Dispatch; help define testing processes that ensure superior quality and help keep the team accountable to these processes
- Exhibit a high personal commitment to quality; implementing development and test best practices.
- Effectively partner with product management, engineering, and other stakeholders during the planning/design stages of the development lifecycle (shift-left testing) to ensure quality is thought about upfront and throughout the development lifecycle.
- Develop test plans that cover all functional and non-functional (usability, scalability/load, security, etc.) requirements for a given project and that meet the overall testing and quality assurance goals of the applications.
- Execute test plans to identify bugs, missed requirements, performance issues, etc.
- Log bugs, missed requirements, performance issues, etc. found during testing into a bug tracking system.
- Work with the product and engineering teams to resolve bugs and verify that they are fixed.
- Design and develop automated test scripts in order to automate as much of the regression testing process as possible.
- Provide input towards general process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned (to be less than 10% responsibilities)
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TEAM
- 4+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance engineer of software applications with an excellent understanding of QA methodology (test cycles, test plans, and software releases) - Required
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as Selenium, Appium or similar automation frameworks - Required
- In-depth, working knowledge of the major areas of software engineering and the software development life cycle - Required
- Experience with agile (scrum, kanban) development processes - Required
- Experience with cloud-based load and performance testing - Preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- A passion for quality and high attention to detail
- Self-starter, high energy
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
- A rewarding work-life blend
- An opportunity to transcend your role and professional development
- Benefits: Medical | Dental | Vision | 401k | Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Leadership that cares about your growth at Dispatch
Dispatch is a technology-based company that redefines the way same-day deliveries are made in the B2B space. With our own fleet of vehicles and network of drivers, Dispatch puts suppliers, businesses, and technicians in control of local deliveries with real-time tracking and transparency. We strive to deliver the best value and service to our customers every day.
Dispatch started in the Twin Cities, but is now in dozens of markets across the country. With all of this growth, we maintain a strong focus on our company culture. Dispatch operates on five core values: People First, Belief, Speed to Value, Driven to Deliver, and Transparency. If you connect with these values, we’d love to learn more about you!
If yes, you can apply directly at Dispatch Careers or send me a note at email@example.com and include any of the following and I will do an introduction for you: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn or GitHub.
If not, click => “Say Hello” and introduce yourself to me and we can talk about what you are looking for.