Full Time Minnesota Machine Learning Engineer Job
At phData, we believe that we are witnessing a new age of digitization and decision automation. To compete, even traditional companies must deliver machine learning and analytics-enabled data platforms and data products. Examples include a medical device manufacturer building machine learning models to guide therapies or a global industrial manufacturer using deep learning models to identify product defects. This means that the data problems that used to apply only to Google and Facebook, now apply to a filter manufacturer, a medical device manufacturer, or a healthcare provider.
phData matches machine learning and analytics to the business goals of the world's largest and most successful companies. phData is one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S. and demand for our services and software has skyrocketed. This has resulted in quality growth and an expanded presence at our company headquarters located in Downtown Minneapolis, as well as in Bangalore, India, and across the U.S. We’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Minneapolis for three consecutive years and we were listed as the 48th fastest growing private company in the U.S. on the Inc. 5000 list.
We pride ourselves on offering employees phenomenal growth and learning opportunities in addition to competitive compensation, health insurance, generous PTO and excellent perks including extensive training and paid certifications.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, your responsibilities include:
- Convert proof of concepts to production-grade solutions that can scale for hundreds of thousands of users
- Create and manage machine learning pipelines in distributed computing environments to support any kind of model deployment on streaming or batch data.
- Tackle challenging problems, such as developing web services and ETL pipeline components, to productize and evaluate machine learning models
- Write production code and collaborate with Solutions Architects and Data Scientists to implement algorithms in production
- Design, conduct, and analyze experiments to validate proposed ML modeling approaches as well as improvements to existing ML pipelines
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer, Data Engineer or Data Scientist
- Solid programming experience in Python, Java, Scala, or other statically typed programming language
- Hands-on experience in one or more big data ecosystem products/languages such as Spark, Impala, Solr, Kudu, etc
- Experience working with Data Science/Machine Learning software and libraries such as h2o, TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and the ability to write, debug, and optimize distributed SQL queries
- Excellent communication skills; previous experience working with internal or external customers
- Strong analytical abilities; ability to translate business requirements and use cases into a data solution, including ingestion of many data sources, ETL processing, data access, and consumption, as well as custom analytics
- 4 year Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent years of professional working experience.
If yes, you can apply directly at phData Careers or send me a note at email@example.com and include any of the following and I will do an introduction for you: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn or GitHub.
If not, click => “Say Hello” and introduce yourself to me and we can talk about what you are looking for.