Full Time Minnesota Junior Software Engineer Job
Dispatch is looking for a Junior Software Engineer who is highly motivated, is a fast learner, and is passionate about growing in their career as a software engineer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Junior Software Engineer, you’ll help design and build features into the Dispatch platform. You’ll dig deep into many parts of the system, and will work across the full stack to create new features and improve existing functionality.
In addition to the normal development tasks, you’ll be part of the technical support team at Dispatch. You will gain intimate knowledge of the Dispatch products and how they are used internally and by customers. You will use your knowledge of the products and systems to troubleshoot and solve technical issues as they arise.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Execute all job duties in alignment with Dispatch’s core values, mission, and purpose
- Acts ethically and with integrity to promote an environment that promotes respect, innovation, and creativity
- Encourages and fosters an inclusive environment. An environment where the strengths and expertise of our workforce are welcomed, amplified and exhibited in the work at Dispatch
- Build high quality features that meet business objectives with a focus on usability.
- Collaborate closely with your teammates through code reviews to keep aligned and adhere to best coding practices.
- Deploy your projects to production frequently and monitor the results to ensure quality and positive outcome.
- Field technical support issues that come in via chat, email, drive-by, carrier pigeon, etc. and respond within an agreed upon and communicated timeframe.
- Log all support issues in the support desk software and maintain a current status of all issues at all times.
- Escalate issues that you cannot solve to the product and engineering teams.
- Communicate often the status of issues back to the logger.
- Contribute to product and technical knowledge in the form of knowledge bases, notes, documentation, etc.
- Other duties as assigned (to be less than 10% responsibilities)
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TEAM
- Experience building and supporting web applications in a full-stack capacity (1 + years experience required)
- Strong interpersonal skills that will keep you productive on a fast moving team
- A track record of learning new technologies on the fly and finding the right tool for the job
- Customer support experience, a happy smile, and the drive to resolve support issues as quickly as possible.
- Bonus: React Native, iOS, Android, ElasticSearch, various mapping and routing APIs.
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
- A rewarding work-life blend
- An opportunity to transcend your role and professional development
- Benefits: Medical | Dental | Vision | 401k | Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Leadership that cares about your growth at Dispatch
Dispatch started in the Twin Cities, but is now in dozens of markets across the country. With all of this growth, we maintain a strong focus on our company culture. Dispatch operates on five core values: People First, Belief, Speed to Value, Driven to Deliver, and Transparency. If you connect with these values, we’d love to learn more about you!
Dispatch is a technology-based company that redefines the way same-day deliveries are made in the B2B space. With our own fleet of vehicles and network of drivers, Dispatch puts suppliers, businesses, and technicians in control of local deliveries with real-time tracking and transparency. We strive to deliver the best value and service to our customers every day.
If yes, you can apply directly at Dispatch Careers or send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and include any of the following and I will do an introduction for you: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn or GitHub.
If not, click => “Say Hello” and introduce yourself to me and we can talk about what you are looking for.