Full Time Minnesota Tech Job
As a Support Engineer, you’ll provide impeccable technical support to all departments of the organization. You will gain intimate knowledge of the Dispatch products and how they are used internally and by customers. You will become familiar with the systems and data that power the platform.
You will be the first line of defense for the engineering department, solving as many issues as you can so that the other teams can remain focused on their projects and tasks. You will report defects and offer suggestions in order to better the product. You will contribute to product knowledge and help make future technical support easier. Ultimately, you will be a person of trust. Team members will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
The support engineer is a new role at Dispatch. As a member of this new team, you will help define the role and what it means at the company.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Field all technical support issues that come in via chat, email, drive-by, carrier pigeon, etc. and respond within an agreed upon and communicated timeframe
- Log all support issues in the support desk software and maintain a current status of all issues at all times
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at the same time
- Attempt to resolve as many issues as possible on your own accord. This will at times require a dive into the code and data to determine what the issue is and what the best course of action is to resolve it
- Escalate issues that you cannot solve with the product and engineering teams
- Communicate often the status of issues back to the logger
- Provide continuous feedback to the product and engineering teams by reporting defects and offering suggestions for product improvement
- Maintain jovial relationships with the other teams and team members
- Contribute to product and technical knowledge in the form of knowledge bases, notes, documentation, etc
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TEAM
- Two years of extensive customer support experience, a happy smile, and the drive to resolve support issues as quickly as possible.
- Relevant technical experience in software development, network / infrastructure, and help-desk related activities.
- Impeccable problem solving skills
- Resourcefulness and the ability to figure things out without a lot of guidance
- A track record of learning new technologies on the fly and finding the right tool for the job
- Bonus: React Native, iOS, Android, ElasticSearch, various mapping and routing APIs
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
- A rewarding work-life blend
- An opportunity to transcend your role and professional development
- Benefits: Medical | Dental | Vision | 401k | Paid Time Off
- Leadership who cares about your growth at Dispatch
Why Dispatch? Because there are no bad seats on a rocket ship!
Dispatch is a technology-based company that is redefining same-day delivery. Whether you need items delivered to a job site, don't have time to stop at the store, or simply crave donuts from across town, we bring the world to you. We’re making it easier to buy local and grow the economy you care about--the one in your backyard. Our commitment to community doesn’t stop there; we partner with local businesses and organizations to serve our communities by delivering hope to those in need. Whether it’s bringing items to food shelves or volunteering our time, we’re there to deliver. It’s our chance to leave a mark on the world.
If yes, you can apply directly at Dispatch Careers or send me a note at email@example.com and include any of the following and I will do an introduction for you: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn or GitHub.
If not, click => “Say Hello” and introduce yourself to me and we can talk about what you are looking for.