Full Time Minnesota Tech Job
Omnia Fishing is a Minneapolis early-stage ecommerce company delivering a better platform for purchasing fishing gear by offering a hyper personalized, shop-by-lake experience for the modern angler. The Omnia experience is backed by complex spatial technologies, a custom recommendation algorithm that is currently matching over 30,000 potential data relationships, a number of seamlessly integrated services, and a machine learning ready back end to drive a better user experience and automatically analyze feedback loops in the check-out process.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to produce and implement functional software solutions. You will work with the founders (CTO included) of the company to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects.
In this role, you should be able to work independently but stay aligned with Omnia's goals through regular communication and collaboration. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. Exposure to agile methodologies while being practical about the implementation is a plus.Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and customers to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Comfortable in a dynamic DevOps continuous deployment environment
- Product launched but looking for engineer #1 to own to take ownership and lead the code reporting to a CTO
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. Datadog, TrackJS, New Relic) and automated testing frameworks
- Knowledge of selected programming languages (Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, React) running on Nginx
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with the AWS stack of services (Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, CodePipeline, CodeBuild) with exposure to Terraform being a plus
- Ability to multi task and drive towards aggressive goals and timelines
To apply send a resume to dan at omniafishing.com