Full Time Minnesota Big Data Job
Daugherty Business Solutions
Team Daugherty wants to add another innovative and creative consultant to the mix in Minneapolis. Are you passionate about leveraging emerging technologies and next generation architectures to solve business problems? If so, we want you on our team!
The ideal candidate has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to teach and mentor their peers. This individual has the ability to advise clients and to work as a key member of the delivery team. The role will require deep, hands-on technical skills in designing, developing and implementing large-scale Big Data solutions.
As a Big Data Architect you have the ability/experience to:
- Engage throughout the sales cycle to demonstrate organizational and personal expertise in a specific line of service area.
- Build new thought leadership and the Daugherty point-of-view on key topics that align with client needs.
- Support new client services and competency areas.
- Lead the consultative development of tailored solutions to business problems that leverage thought leadership, Daugherty capabilities, and our understanding of the client situation.
We are looking for someone with:
- A technically focused degree in computer science, engineering, math, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in data warehousing, operational data stores, and large scale architecture and implementation.
- Experience in solutions crafting and developing proposals to illustrate business value provided by technical solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Previous professional consulting experience.
- Expertise in Big Data technologies in Hadoop ecosystem – Hive, HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, Kafka, Pig, Oozie, HBase, Sqoop, Spark, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Scala, Python and R.
- A strong understanding of data analytics and visualization.
- Experience with newer cloud based IM solutions and traditional EIM architectures (preferred).
- The ability to work with business groups to understand requirements, workflows and system trade-offs.
- The ability to provide strategic and architectural direction to address unique business problems.
- System design and modeling skills (e.g. domain driven design, data modeling, API design).
We offer members of Team Daugherty:
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance.
- Revenue sharing and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- Life, disability and long-term care insurance.
- Little to no travel.
- Robust career development and training.
If yes, you can apply directly at Daugherty Careers or send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and include any of the following and I will do an introduction for you: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn or GitHub.
If not, click => “Say Hello” and introduce yourself to me and we can talk about what you are looking for.