Full Time Minnesota Tech Job
HomeSpotter is focused on making the process of buying and selling homes fun and productive for real estate professionals, buyers and sellers.
HomeSpotter combines the best aspects of a startup culture with those of being an established company. HomeSpotter's employees move quickly and with great autonomy and value a fun work environment. HomeSpotter was founded in 2009, has a long list of established real estate industry partners across North America, is venture-backed, well funded, profitable, and growing quickly.
Why Work At HomeSpotter?
Engineers grow and thrive most when working with other talented engineers in an environment where flexibility and learning are not only encouraged, but required. HomeSpotter will help you strike the perfect balance between strengthening yourself professionally with hard work amongst coworkers you actually enjoy, and having enough time and energy at the end of the day to live your own life.
As a HomeSpotter Android Engineer, you are responsible for developing and launching applications to our customers, as well as helping us maintain and improve the server-side code with which those applications communicate. We evaluate candidates based on their passion, capabilities, and culture fit. Strong work ethic and continuous improvement are mission-critical traits.
- Architect, implement and test scalable Android apps with a focus on optimal user experience
- Work with team members to determine project needs and define ideal technical solutions
- Assist in making server-side changes that affect the APIs your apps use when talking to our back-end systems
- Scope projects and coordinate with other team members to determine schedule and tasks
- Promote the adoption of best practices in software development
- Enjoy learning from other team engineers
You should be proficient at native Android development using Java or Kotlin, preferably both. Experience with server-side development (in languages including Elixir, Java, and PHP) is a significant plus.
Our ideal employee is versatile and have skills that overlap multiple layers. If you have a good foundation in other platforms as well as mobile, this is a plus.
- 5+ years developing software applications
- 3+ years developing software for mobile platforms (Android preferred)
- Experience with Android MVVM and LiveData architectural pattern a plus
- Experience interfacing with REST and other backend APIs
- Experience implementing user interfaces in mobile applications
- Experience writing automated tests for Android apps is a huge plus
- Motivated to learn skills that encompass a multitude of software platforms
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented team player
- Open to feedback and comfortable giving constructive feedback
More about HomeSpotter…
HomeSpotter creates, nurtures and strengthens the bond that agents have with clients so their business can thrive, and it does so for more than 450,000 agents throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Founded in 2009 by Aaron Kardell, HomeSpotter's business model has evolved from a single product company to providing a complete SaaS platform. HomeSpotter is now the industry-leading software product suite for real estate agents, brokers, and MLSs looking to build and strengthen customer relationships. HomeSpotter’s products include Boost, which automates digital advertising at scale, enabling agents to expand their spheres and impress sellers; Spacio, an intelligent open house registration solution which streamlines outdated real estate processes and captures every opportunity; and Connect, which gives buyers an amazing branded search and agent collaboration app to carry in their pocket.
HomeSpotter's collaborative offices are located in the Minneapolis Grain Exchange in downtown Minneapolis.
If yes, you can apply directly at HomeSpotter Careers or send me a note at email@example.com and include any of the following and I will do an introduction for you: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn or GitHub.
If not, click => “Say Hello” and introduce yourself to me and we can talk about what you are looking for.