Full Time Minnesota Tech Job
New Lion Labs
As an engineer at New Lion, you will be immersed in the startup community and responsible for helping entrepreneurs and founders build out their vision. You will work with cutting edge technologies and will get to wear multiple hats. Engineers at New Lion very quickly become full-stack engineers that are capable of handling anything from the database to the user interface to setting up cloud infrastructure. You will be supported by top-notch designers, product managers, project managers, and other engineers that will allow you to focus on doing what you do best.
- Design, develop, and support mobile and web apps for startups and other clients.
- Develop well-structured, readable, maintainable, and scalable code that is well tested before being put in front of the client.
- Set up cloud infrastructure for apps/sites requiring backend/server support.
- Deploy code to production and the app store.
- Thoroughly review other engineers’ code and provide constructive feedback.
- Mentor and provide feedback to other engineers and team members in order to make our team the best it can be.
- Graciously accept feedback from clients and team members in order to fine tune your skill set and become the best you can be.
Preferred Experience Characteristics:
- Mobile (iOS / Android) and Web development experience.
- React Native, React Web, and/or other reactive JS technologies.
- Server side development experience in Node.Js, Ruby, .Net and/or other server side technologies.
- Data storage technologies, both SQL, non-SQL, and in-memory technologies.
- Cloud infrastructure, services, and technologies.
What You’ll Receive:
- A work/life balance.
- Compensation: New Lion pays its engineers based off of industry standards and experience with the goal of ensuring that employees are compensated well enough to be happy and never want to look elsewhere.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement (with company match), Paid Time Off
- We will support remote workers under the right circumstances. Our office is located in Uptown, Minneapolis, MN.
About New Lion:
The best part of working for New Lion is the opportunity to work on multiple projects. Having helped over 100 startups, there is always variety. We’ve done everything from a high-tech body fat calculator, to an app that helps recovering addicts, all the way to a scrapbook for boomers. The startups we work with are doing amazing things and each project brings its own challenges and engaging problems to solve.
New Lion is a startup-first development, design, and product management consulting firm. We believe that the rate of startup failure is needlessly high and is a solvable problem. Our mission is to provide startups with the technology expertise needed to bring their dream to life and to give them the best chance at success. We provide a holistic service to startups, but we are anchored by five core services, including: Idea Validation, Product Strategy, Product Design, Development and Post-Launch Support.
We are a team of bad-asses. We only hire talented, motivated, and smart working people. If this sounds interesting to you and you believe that you are yourself a bad-ass, let’s talk.
If yes, you can apply directly at New Lion Labs or send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and include any of the following and I will do an introduction for you: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn or GitHub.
If not, click => “Say Hello” and introduce yourself to me and we can talk about what you are looking for.