Full Time Minnesota Tech Job
HomeSpotter is focused on making the process of buying and selling homes fun and productive for real estate professionals, buyers and sellers.
HomeSpotter combines the best aspects of a startup culture with those of being an established company. HomeSpotter's employees move quickly and with great autonomy and value a fun work environment. HomeSpotter was founded in 2009, has a long list of established real estate industry partners across North America, is venture backed, well funded, cash flow positive, and growing quickly. HomeSpotter's employees receive great benefits.
The Data Systems team at HomeSpotter is responsible for ensuring the correctness and availability of the company's data, and for the creation and maintenance of systems that read, write, and manipulate that data.
As part of the Data Systems team, you'll leverage a mix of cutting edge and legacy tools to solve some of the most fascinating and impactful problems in real estate advertising technology.
This position is a core software engineering role, helping us build out / scale up our ETL pipeline and data warehouse. You'll spend quite a bit of time designing and building software systems, administering data feeds, and collaborating with product development teams to deliver valuable features to our customers.
- excellent communication skills
- a pragmatic mindset; passion for iterative experimentation
- fluency in at least one programming language - preferably Java, PHP, or Python
- can read, write, and refactor highly performant database queries and code
- comfortable with Linux/Unix command line
- strong architecture and system design skills
- Bachelor of Science in a quantitative discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years designing, building, and maintaining powerful data systems in production, e.g. ETL pipelines
- can demonstrate mastery of MySQL or PostgreSQL
- data science, statistical modeling, machine learning for classification and regression
- advanced Linux/Unix
- experience with real estate technology, e.g. RETS feeds
- Spark, Storm, Hadoop, Kafka
- Go, Clojure, Perl, R
- large datasets
- A/B testing
More about HomeSpotter…
HomeSpotter delivers the best mobile search experience for phones and tablets to more than 275,000 agents throughout the U.S. and Canada. HomeSpotter believes technology should make the real estate experience easier, better, and more efficient for consumers and their agents, and believes it can be done in a way that benefits the broker and MLS, too.
Founded in 2009 by Aaron Kardell, HomeSpotter's business model has evolved from a single product company developing beautiful, tailored mobile applications (under the name Mobile Realty Apps) for real estate companies to providing a complete SaaS platform that equips agents with the best tools to manage their entire sales funnel, including digital marketing automation. HomeSpotter's new product, called Boost by HomeSpotter, is resonating well with the industry, and is gaining significant, fast, sales traction.
HomeSpotter's collaborative offices are located in the Minneapolis Grain Exchange in downtown Minneapolis.
If yes, you can apply directly at HomeSpotter Careers or send me a note at [email protected] and include any of the following and I will do an introduction for you: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn or GitHub.
If not, click => “Say Hello” and introduce yourself to me and we can talk about what you are looking for.