Full Time Minnesota Tech Job
Lab 651 is seeking a creative, passionate and energetic Electrical / Embedded Systems Engineer. Here is an opportunity to lead a group of engineers who is focused on changing the way their clients do business through technology. It’s your turn to find solutions to customers problems. It’s a fast paced environment where you will be working on multiple projects and interfacing with multiple customers.
- Lead the electrical and firmware teams of our IoT focused product design firm, and lead innovation from concept through design and validation
- Responsible primarily for systems engineering, architecture hands-on development, integration and evaluation of sensors and IoT platforms and functions based on Cellular, Bluetooth, wired and other IoT technologies
- Collaborate with mechanical and software teams to define product architecture and design rules, drive reductions in cost, and improvements in performance
- Collaborate with electrical engineers to optimize component selection, placement and layout in conjunction with mechanical team’s architecture
- Collaborate with software and test engineers to capture requirements and ensure interoperability between software and hardware
- Be responsible for architecture and integration of sensors, radios, components, haptics, accessories and firmware architecture to provide incredible user experiences
- Dream up, design and coordinate build of advanced prototypes and products
- Support integration of advanced sensors into both internal and customer products and designs
- Participate in defining system requirements, evaluate technologies and solutions
- Support the sales team with technical leadership during lead customer meetings
- Explores/invents new services/use cases for potential new business initiatives.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, Computer Science, or related field
- Extremely detail oriented, with passion to perfect and document designs and processes
- Persuasive and organized technical communicator to team members and management
- Ability to self-manage and deliver according to a schedule
- Track record in hardware, firmware and software innovation and leadership
- 8 years experience in systems design and integration for mobile/wireless/IoT products
- Have delivered successful volume-based products from concept/architecture through mass production
- Broad and deep mechanical, electrical, and materials engineering knowledge of ICs, PCBs, touch, haptics, displays and manufacturing processes
- Ability to evaluate a large set of tradeoffs and possibilities in interactions of various components and systems and select optimal solution
This is an amazing opportunity to work on life changing technology and be able to have huge impact on Lab 651 and the customers we work with. Are you up for the job?
To apply click Lead Systems Engineer