Full Time Minnesota Tech Job
HomeSpotter is focused on making the process of buying and selling homes fun and productive for real estate professionals, buyers and sellers.
Boost by HomeSpotter, HomeSpotter's digital marketing automation product, is resonating well with the industry, and is gaining significant, fast, sales traction.
HomeSpotter combines the best aspects of a startup culture with those of being an established company. HomeSpotter's employees move quickly and with great autonomy and value a fun work environment. HomeSpotter was founded in 2009, has a long list of established real estate industry partners across North America, is venture backed, well funded, cash flow positive, and growing quickly.
The Data Engineering team at HomeSpotter is responsible for ensuring the correctness and availability of the company's data, and for the creation and maintenance of systems that read, write, and manipulate that data.
As part of the Data Engineering team, you'll leverage a mix of cutting edge and legacy tools to solve some of the most fascinating and impactful problems in real estate advertising technology.
This position is a core engineering role, helping us build out / scale up our ETL pipeline and data warehouse. Data engineers at HomeSpotter spend quite a bit of time creating and shipping code, administering databases, and collaborating with other teams to help us improve our engineering practices.
- BS in a quantitative discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years designing, building, and maintaining powerful data systems in production, e.g. ETL pipelines
- have extensive experience with container orchestration, configuration management, and continuous integration in a high-availability production environment
- can demonstrate mastery of MySQL or PostgreSQL
- are fluent in at least one programming language. Preferably Python, Java, or PHP
- can read, write, and refactor highly performant database queries and code
- have excellent communication skills
- have strong architecture and system design skills
- have a pragmatic mindset; are passionate about iterative experimentation
- are a persistent and tenacious problem solver
- strong interest in data science / machine learning