Full Time Minneapolis Tech Job
At phData, our Solutions Architects work on the most desirable projects at Fortune 500 customers serving as key technical resource on a virtual team driving Apache Hadoop big data projects to completion.
As a Solution Architect on the Solutions Engineering team you will work with customers, partners, and prospects to understand and propose solutions using phData technologies deployed on the major public Clouds - AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform and along with large on-premise environments. Leverage your solution mindset to determine and recommend resources required to deploy and optimize big data technologies.
You know you’re a great fit if you have the passion and proven experience in the following key areas:
- Owning the technical sales process from introductory meetings (net new sales) through post-sales (customer success and further customer expansion)
- Delivering customer success
- Installation, administration and configuration of big data clusters
- Development of big data applications
- Hadoop security; LDAP, Active Directory and Kerberos (KDC) administration
- 3+ years of Hadoop experience including:
- Hadoop distribution (Cloudera preferred) including cluster installation and configuration
- Core Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, YARN) and on one or more ecosystem products/languages such as HBase, Spark, Impala, Search, Spark, Kudu, etc.
- Java application configuration and performance tuning
- Support for cloud-based big data clusters; AWS preferred
- Infrastructure automation; experience with Ansible and Git is a plus
- Experience scoping activities on large scale, complex technology infrastructure projects
- Proven experience working with key stakeholders and customers with the ability to translate “big picture” business requirements and use cases into a Hadoop solution, including ingestion of many data sources, ETL processing, data access and consumption, as well as custom analytics.
- Customer relationship management including project escalations, and participating in executive steering meetings
- Ability to travel 30%
- Support several clients in the pre-sales process
- Deliver both informal and formal client training (for example, deliver phData Intermediate Hadoop, Intermediate Storage, etc.)
- Help establish and grow our partnership relationships
- Collaborate with practice owner on Statement of Work (SOW) deliverables
- Attract and retain the top talent in the industry
- In addition to the above, our Sr. Level Solution Architects will also lead, motivate, inspire and mentor project team members to excel as well as participate in hiring process for new candidates
If you would like to speak with me about this send any of the following: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn or GitHub. Heck, I’ll take a good haiku:
Principal & Evangelist
Minnesota Headhunter, LLC