Full Time Minneapolis Tech Job
At phData, our Solutions Architects work on the most desirable projects at Fortune 500 customers serving as key technical resource on a virtual team driving Apache Hadoop big data projects to completion.
As a Solution Architect on the Solutions Engineering team you will work with customers, partners, and prospects to understand and propose solutions using phData technologies deployed on the major public Clouds - AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform and along with large on-premise environments. Leverage your solution mindset to determine and recommend resources required to deploy and optimize big data technologies.
You know you’re a great fit if you have the passion and proven experience in the following key areas:
- Owning the technical sales process from introductory meetings (net new sales) through post-sales (customer success and further customer expansion)
- Delivering customer success
- Installation, administration and configuration of big data clusters
- Development of big data applications
- Hadoop security; LDAP, Active Directory and Kerberos (KDC) administration
- 3+ years of Hadoop experience including:
- Hadoop distribution (Cloudera preferred) including cluster installation and configuration
- Core Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, YARN) and on one or more ecosystem products/languages such as HBase, Spark, Impala, Search, Spark, Kudu, etc.
- Java application configuration and performance tuning
- Support for cloud-based big data clusters; AWS preferred
- Infrastructure automation; experience with Ansible and Git is a plus
- Experience scoping activities on large scale, complex technology infrastructure projects
- Proven experience working with key stakeholders and customers with the ability to translate “big picture” business requirements and use cases into a Hadoop solution, including ingestion of many data sources, ETL processing, data access and consumption, as well as custom analytics.
- Customer relationship management including project escalations, and participating in executive steering meetings
- Ability to travel 30%