Full Time Minnesota IT Job
Solutions Architect - Hadoop Architecture & Administration (Managed Services)
Big Data is all we do.
Are you inspired by innovation, hard work and a passion for data? If so, this may be the ideal opportunity to leverage your experience in Systems Engineering, Hadoop Architecture and Administration to create, deploy and optimize secure big data solutions for a diverse set of clients in the Minneapolis.
At phData, our proven success has skyrocketed the demand for our services, resulting in quality growth and an expanded presence at our company headquarters conveniently located in Downtown Minneapolis (COCO).
As the world’s largest pure-play Big Data services firm, our team includes Apache committers, Spark experts and the most knowledgeable Scala development team in the industry. phData has earned the trust of customers by demonstrating our mastery of Hadoop services and our commitment to excellence.
In addition to a phenomenal growth and learning opportunity, we offer competitive compensation and excellent perks including base salary, annual bonus, extensive training, paid Cloudera certifications - in addition to generous PTO and employee equity.
Solution Architects serve as transformative technology leaders. In this hands-on role, your responsibilities include:
- Scope requirements for large scale, complex technology infrastructure projects ensuring performance, reliability and optimization for big data clusters as well as recommend resources required to deploy and optimize big data technologies
- Installation, administration, and configuration of big data clusters
- Hadoop Administration; managing and monitoring distributed systems and middleware application performance; recommend, configure and optimize Hadoop ecosystem
- Configuration, troubleshooting and performance tuning of Java applications
- Hadoop security; LDAP, Active Directory and Kerberos (KDC) administration
- Hadoop encryption; HDFS transparent data encryption, LUKS and PKI methodologies
- 5+ years of Linux OS installation, configuration, administration and performance optimization as a Linux System or Java Middleware Engineer with emphasis on distributed computing
- Experience integrating Linux OS with user authentication backend (LDAP/Active Directory)
- Hadoop experience including:
- Hadoop distribution (Cloudera preferred) including cluster installation and configuration
- Core Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, YARN) and on one or more ecosystem products/languages such as HBase, Spark, Impala, Search, Kudu, etc.
- Java application configuration and performance tuning
- Support for cloud-based big data clusters; AWS preferred
- Infrastructure automation; experience with Ansible and Git is a plus
- Experience scoping activities on large scale, complex technology infrastructure projects
- Proven experience working with key stakeholders and customers with the ability to translate “big picture” business requirements and use cases into a Hadoop solution, including ingestion of many data sources, ETL processing, data access, and consumption, as well as custom analytics.
- Excellent communication skills and customer relationship management including project escalations, and participating in executive steering meetings
In addition to key technical responsibilities, Solution Architects play a lead role in the following areas:
- Support one primary client and 1-2 additional clients for short durations
- Deliver both informal and formal client training (for example, deliver phData Intermediate Hadoop, Intermediate Storage, etc.)
- Help establish and grow our partnership relationships
- Collaborate with practice owner on Statement of Work (SOW) deliverables
- Help attract and retain the top talent in the industry
If you would like to speak with me about this send any of the following: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn or GitHub. Heck, I’ll take a good haiku:
Principal & Evangelist
Minnesota Headhunter, LLC