Full Time Minnesota IT Job
Partner effectively with stakeholders to ensure alignment of TCF priorities and IT delivery, planning and executing on work and driving for results through both team members and stakeholders. Leverage technical/functional subject matter experts to maximize velocity for work completion. Carefully balance constraints to best suit the needs of the business and the enterprise. Ensure accountability, transparency, and regularity in status updates. Serve as a partner in the deployment of Agile methodology and processes throughout Information Technology.
Major Areas of Accountability:
Teach and act as Scrum master with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work. Reach out to the larger company network for impediment removal.
- Facilitate sprint planning, retrospectives and sprint demos. Facilitate effective coordination with other Scrum teams, project teams, and/or operational teams. Consult with the Product Owner to validate priorities.
- Ensure cross-team coordination; facilitate getting the work done without, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Foster self-organization. Empower the team to make decisions and remove decision making barriers whenever possible. Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Manage and communicate relevant metrics to the team on progress against team objectives.
- Coach and mentor other scrum masters within our teams. Ensure methods used are consistent across teams
- Act as a project manager when necessary. Take responsibility for managing dependencies between our team and third parties or between our team and other scrum team
- Foster transparency and visibility and radiate information to strengthen the presence of our team within the Agile Community of Practice. Actively contribute to the company’s Agile and Lean Community. Share learnings within TCF.
- Provide leadership to SCRUM teams that removes obstacles and results in the delivery of business value. Track progress and provide updates on any changes in strategy or priorities.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical related field or equivalent work experience
Certified Project Manager or similar industrial certification
- Certified Scrum Master or similar industrial certification
- Master’s degree in a related field
- 8 - 10 years of experience of large program/portfolio management and strategic planning; 5+ years combined project management / agile experience.
- Proven track record in project portfolio management and establishment of project methodology standards; very experienced with prioritization techniques.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influence skills among all organizational levels; strong facilitation and executive communications skills.
- Strong ability to effectively manage and resolve conflicting priorities
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite with particular emphasis on Excel
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team; understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Financial Services industry experience
- Experience with PPM Software a plus
- PMP, Scrum Master, or Portfolio Management certifications strongly preferred
- Experience with agile methodology
- No direct personnel supervisory responsibility, however, supervises large complex project teams with cross-functional team members.
Established in 1923, TCF has maintained a strong foundation. TCF has over 340 branches in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Arizona and South Dakota, providing retail and commercial banking services. TCF also conducts commercial leasing, indirect auto finance, and equipment finance business in all 50 states, and commercial inventory finance business in all 50 states and Canada.
TCF encourages open employee communications and promotes from within whenever possible.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement. For more details on our benefits, click on the Employee Benefits link on our career page.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
If you would like to speak with me about this send any of the following: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn, GitHub, StackOverflow. Heck, I’ll take a good haiku:
Principal & Evangelist
Minnesota Headhunter, LLC