Full Time Minnesota IT Job
“TCF is continuing our push to being a leading digital company. To do so, we need to provide convenient, customer-focused experiences across our channels, products, and lines of business. To emphasize that commitment, we have created a Digital Center of Expertise. The Digital COE will focus not only on Digital Banking, but customer servicing functionality, mobile and internet solutions, data enrichment, marketing and selling tools, and customer acquisition
If you’re looking for a new career opportunity where you will be required to be a thought leader, play a lead role in expanding the digital technology expertise of our company, and want to be responsible for helping drive our most critical business strategies forward, TCF is hiring a Digital Architect to join our team. As a Digital Architect you will work with another architect and our platform managers to provide technical leadership for designing and implementing critical components of our digital, customer experience, and integration strategies to create integrated and optimal online, mobile, and other digital-driven experiences. You will work closely with key business teams framing the digital strategy and roadmaps, as well as be responsible for delivering solutions to achieve our most critical business and technology objectives. If this sounds like the right challenge for you, apply immediately!”
As a Solution Architect you will work independently to translate business needs into technical solutions, and defining solutions to problems through reasoned application of information technology. Partner effectively with IT leadership peers and enterprise-wide stakeholders to ensure application architecture solutions are built with a long-term vision and align with enterprise platform requirements. Provide leadership and oversight to various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies, including Scrum meetings and sprint team deliverables.
Major Areas of Accountability:
Providing architecture and technology leadership across a range of Digital technologies including but not limited to Mobile and Web frameworks, Web Content Management, Account Opening, Money Movement, and Security platforms.
- Apply expert knowledge and broad understanding of multiple disciplines, and integrate expert knowledge of technical principles/methods of multiple disciplines with knowledge of products/services and internal operations
- Lead contributor on the design of critical path/technology initiatives. Develop enterprise-wide integrated solutions based on business requirements. Contribute to complex and innovative business solutions to achieve strategic objectives for the business segment
- Solve complex, critical problems related to significant and unique issues. Use extensive research and interpretative thinking. Utilize innovative methods in developing solutions. Work on abstract problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables
- Assist Architecture Solutions group with designing, developing, documenting and analyzing overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software. Work in collaboration with Architecture Solutioning Management to provide technical expertise to peers across the company. Make project recommendation based on duration and SDLC
- Coordinate design and integration of total system including subsystems. Research and recommend technology to improve the current systems, including meeting with outside vendors to learn about cutting-edge technologies available in the industry
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in complex engineering environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software engineering plan to deliver
- Experience architecting software solutions with demanding requirements such as performance, high availability, reliability, security, etc.
- Understand data and system integration patterns and technologies
- Proficiency in managing large scale projects.
- Ability to articulate and transfer complex ideas to a wide audience through both verbal and written communication.
- Strong conceptual, critical thinking, technical and problem solving skills with good attention to details.
- Must be articulate and have the ability to meet with high level management to present and/or deliver technical documentation.
- Financial Services industry experience
- Coach / mentor other team members as appropriate
Master’s degree in a related field
Established in 1923, TCF has maintained a strong foundation. TCF has over 340 branches in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Arizona and South Dakota, providing retail and commercial banking services. TCF also conducts commercial leasing, indirect auto finance, and equipment finance business in all 50 states, and commercial inventory finance business in all 50 states and Canada.
TCF encourages open employee communications and promotes from within whenever possible. We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement. For more details on our benefits, click on the Employee Benefits link on our career page.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
If you would like to speak with me about this send any of the following: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn, GitHub, StackOverflow. Heck, I’ll take a good haiku:
Principal & Evangelist
Minnesota Headhunter, LLC