Full Time Minnesota IT Job
If you want to make a difference in K-12 education, we want you to join our team.
Kidblog has a bold vision: empower millions of K-12 students worldwide to share their voice and make an impact. We are seeking smart, idealistic people with a passion for web technologies and education. Help us foster digital citizenship as we build a global student publishing community.
We’re solving tough problems in education, and we want you on the team. As a backend engineer with Kidblog, you’ll use Clojure to build the leading publishing platform for K-12 students around the world as you tackle scaling, security, concurrency, payments & subscriptions, and real-time communication.
You should have:
- Expertise in JVM hosted languages (e.g. Clojure, Java)
- Knowledge of functional programming paradigms
- Perspective on immutability and object-oriented design considerations
- Understanding of Git source control workflow
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
You get bonus points for:
- Experience building REST APIs
- Linux sys admin experience
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch or Apache Lucene
You’re willing to:
- Learn anything
- Attend local meetups and user groups
- Defend (and occasionally change) your opinions
- Focus on users and customers
- Solid health and dental benefits
- Generous PTO to start, growing over time
- Awesome opportunity to write Clojure in the “real world”
This is a local, full-time, salaried position at our headquarters in Minneapolis, MN.
To apply click BackEnd Engineer - Clojure