Full Time Minnesota IT Job
Partner effectively with stakeholders to ensure alignment of TCF priorities and IT project delivery, planning and executing on project tasks and driving for results through both project team members and stakeholders. Provide program and project leadership for various programs. Leverage technical/functional subject matter experts to maximize velocity for project completion. Carefully balance the three constraints of cost, time, and scope to best suit the needs of the business and the enterprise. Ensure accountability, transparency, and regularity in project status updates. Advance the project management capability, by evaluating and advancing the PMO agenda.
Guiding the teams towards improving the way they work. Reach out to the larger company network for impediment removal.
- Facilitate sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos. Facilitate effective coordination with other Scrum teams, project teams, and/or operational teams. Consult with the Product Owner to validate priorities
Ensure cross-team coordination; facilitate getting Teach and act as Scrum master with a focus on the work done without, assigning, or dictating the work
Foster self-organization. Enable the Team to make decisions and remove decision making barriers whenever possible. Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
Manage and communicate relevant metrics to team on progress against team objectives
Coach and mentor other scrum masters in our product team. Ensure methods used are consistent across the teams
Act as a project manager when necessary. Take responsibility for managing dependencies between our team and third parties or between our team and other scrum teams
Foster transparency and visibility and radiate information to strengthen the presence of our team as an Agile center of excellence. Actively contribute to the company’s Agile and Lean Community. Keep the rest of the company network aware of our activities
Provides team leadership and has ability to effectively drive and influence
Provides coaching and mentoring of team to ensure business value delivery
Responsible for leading multiple projects or large program., monitoring progress across all projects to ensure on target and providing needed support to remove obstacles to achieving project deliverables.
Responsible for leading project teams and managing all activities (including strategy and ideation), in a project life-cycle (initiation planning, executing/controlling, and closing) associated with high visibility projects that are long-term, across one or more lines of business and carry a substantial impact to the relevant businesses
Establish and track program level plans, with key milestones and dependencies across projects.
Provide leadership to assigned project managers to establish project plans and objectives that result in on-time and on-budget outcome. Track progress and provide updates on anychanges in strategy or priorities.
Effectively communicate relevant status and program level metrics to senior executives on the progress of individual projects and the overall program.
Identify areas for process improvement and establishes effective and efficient processes, by analyzing current and new project management processes.
Build PM Technical capability across IT and mentor other project managers to ensure consistency and quality of project management and deliverables.
Establishes and maintains a strong partnership with internal customers to fully understand the business and their business needs.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical related field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of project management experience including a minimum of 5 years of expertise in Program management
- Strong leadership skills to coordinate and motivate project teams.
- Adept at financial management to administer budgets across multiple projects and ensure the program meets its requirements for return on investment.
- Experience developing and implementing program and project level performance metrics
- Experience managing essential risk mitigation activities including identification, tracking, follow-up, escalation, and contingency planning on risks, issues
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influence skills among all organizational levels; strong facilitation and executive communications skills.
- Strong ability to effectively manage and resolve conflicting priorities
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite with particular emphasis on Excel
- Understand multiple processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Financial Services industry experience
- Certified Project Manager or similar industrial certification
- Exp. with PPM software a plus
- PMP, Scrum Master, or Portfolio Management certifications strongly preferred
- Experience Preferred
- Experience in PMO transformation to Agile delivery
Certified PM or similar industrial certification
- Master’s degree in related field
No direct personnel supervisory responsibility, however, supervises large complex project teams with cross-functional team members. Project managers may indirectly report into the program manager.
Established in 1923, TCF has maintained a strong foundation. TCF has over 340 branches in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Arizona and South Dakota, providing retail and commercial banking services. TCF also conducts commercial leasing, indirect auto finance, and equipment finance business in all 50 states, and commercial inventory finance business in all 50 states and Canada.
TCF encourages open employee communications and promotes from within whenever possible.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement. For more details on our benefits, click on the Employee Benefits link on our career page.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
If you would like to speak with me about this send any of the following: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn, GitHub, StackOverflow. Heck, I’ll take a good haiku:
Principal & Evangelist
Minnesota Headhunter, LLC