Full Time Minnesota IT Job
Why This Job Is Important
At GoKart we are focused on driving business growth through innovative, loveable digital experiences. Our Director of User Experience & Design plays a critical role in setting the standards for the experiences delivered by the products and services we create for our clients. We start with unique insights gained from research, collaboration, empathy and design workshops. Then, we design and engineer loveable experiences. From beautiful and useful visual design to thoughtful, elegant interactions, our Director of User Experience & Design will guide our teams to deliver the experiences that help businesses grow.
What You Will Be Doing
- Help build GoKart’s reputation nationally by guiding our clients and teams to deliver great products and experiences
- Lead and inspire an experience design practice team across all key areas of expertise and work streams: user research, information architecture, content strategy, usability, visual design, interaction design, and prototyping
- Seek, analyze, apply and advocate for user insights to inform and shape digital experiences.
- Drive thought leadership, design thinking & experience strategy across all projects. Present persuasively and authoritatively to peers and senior leadership, while facilitating collaborative conversation.
- Prioritize UX resources and the work they’re involved in, placing team members into product teams and on initiatives that complement their skills, career ambitions and growth opportunities.
- Advance and maintain a scalable methodology used across all experience design teams, driving to keep it lean, efficient, effective and repeatable.
- Develop a consistent, repeatable set of project artifacts (including mock-ups, prototypes, wireframes, journey maps, task flows, site maps, personas, and presentation materials), evolving them in sync across the experience design practice as our business changes and grows
- Recruit, hire and mentor world-class UX talent
- Continually coach UX team members on tactical design skills, soft skills and growth within their careers.
What You Are Good At
- You have an energizing presentation style and communication skills—you are excited about your work, our industry, and our clients’ business and your enthusiasm comes through in all your interactions.
- You are open to feedback but also knows how and when to defend strategy and design choices.
- You have strong digital experience capability, including working knowledge of relevant UX software & tools, collaboration tools, UX principles, UX research methodologies and digital product design & development best practices.
- You exhibit a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness and works well with ambiguity and limited direction.
- You have strong leadership skills including interpersonal, communications, negotiations and staff development.
What You Have Done
- You have 10+ years experience in digital software product work, with user experience emphases in research, UX architecture, interaction design and/or visual design.
- You have a portfolio of work demonstrating cross-channel expertise and skill in creating user-centric digital experiences, UX research, prototyping and testing.
- You have demonstrated experience working within a large-scale Agile company that successfully integrates user experience into the product development process.
- You have experience leading interdisciplinary teams in creating killer products that consider innovation and usability.
- You have experience influencing and guiding senior clients. Someone who is an expert at handling themselves and our clients in both collaborative and challenging situations.
GoKart Labs is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates. If you are a member of an under-represented group in technology, we encourage you to apply.
To apply click Director of UX & Design