Full Time Minnesota IT Job
About the Opportunity:
As a Software Engineer focusing on WordPress plugin and theme development, you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining reusable WordPress plugins and themes used to build websites for small businesses. You’ll participate in all phases of the software development cycle: from product definition and design through implementation, debugging, and testing. You will work collaboratively with other engineers and must be willing to take on any technical tasks that contribute to the goals of the team and the company.
About the Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain reusable WordPress plugins and themes used by other teams to build websites for customers.
- Work closely with the Product and Design teams as part of an Agile Development process
- Translate design specs into clean, concise, and maintainable software
- Test, debug, and refine software to produce the required product
- Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency
- Research and compare different technologies to find optimal solutions
- Work collaboratively with a small team and independently
- BS or MS in Computer Science or technical/quantitative field
- 3+ years professional experience
- Experience building reusable WordPress Plugins and Themes
- Experience building reusable extensions or components in PHP
- Experience with Agile processes such as scrum or kanban.
- Experience or exposure to development techniques that drive high code coverage and craftsmanship, e.g., TDD, code reviews, continuous integration.
ReachLocal’s Minneapolis office is conveniently located in the North Loop, just a few minutes walk from the Target Field Station and right off the Cedar Lake trail. In its eclectic warehouse setting, ReachLocal engineers collaboratively work with software engineers and product managers across the US to build best-in-class advertising products bringing customers and small/medium size businesses together. Our open office setting provides for unparalleled teamwork. Supporting the tech community is important to us, so the Minneapolis office routinely hosts tech focused meetups. The many perks include company happy hours, gaming areas, and working with some of the brightest engineers in the Minneapolis area.
Our mission is to help local businesses all over the world reach more local customers online. As a leader in powering online marketing for local businesses, ReachLocal has been recognized for outstanding products and exceptional employees, having won Google’s Quality Account Champion in North America and Google’s Innovation Champion Award in Canada. Our CEO, Sharon Rowlands, has won countless awards, most recently the Gold Stevie Award for Female Executive of the Year in the 13th Annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business.
ReachLocal is headquartered in Woodland Hills, CA, with over 60 locations throughout the United States, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Japan, Australia, and Brazil.
We invite you to learn more about us, connect with us, and grow with us here:
• Career Site: http://careers.reachlocal.com
• Blog: http://blog.reachlocal.com/
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/reachlocal
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/reachlocaljobs
• Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/reachlocal
• Hear from our employees: http://blog.reachlocal.com/reachlocal-services-spotlight-meet-some-of-our-marketing-experts
ReachLocal is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.
To apply click Software Engineer - PHP & WordPress