Full Time Minnesota IT Job
BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced developer who is passionate about building software to join our web platform team to create a modern architecture for BuzzFeed.com. This is a great opportunity to make a big impact by shipping code that will be used by over 200 million people every month.
About The Job
We have a lean, iterative development process where we deploy early and often. We're looking for a talented, motivated individual who can work both independently and collaboratively. You should take pride in designing elegant, simple solutions to challenging problems, creating quality software and promoting best practices for writing maintainable, well-tested code. You are comfortable setting standards for architecture as well as evaluating tools and process. You enjoy mentoring less experienced developers. You are looking for a team where you can make a difference while also being challenged to improve your own skills.
- Work closely with product leads, designers, project managers and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to complex web development problems.
- Optimize our web products to maximize speed and scale. Support diverse clients from desktop computers to small footprint mobile devices.
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Launch, iterate and make a difference. Be committed to making our products better for our users.
It's essential you have:
- Proven experience in building large scale web applications
- Excellent front-end web development skills:
- An understanding of semantic and accessible markup patterns for flexible reuse.
- Experience working with CSS / SCSS at scale and knowledge of managing complexity.
- Good understanding of techniques such as Responsive Web Design and progressive enhancement.
- Experience of TDD in server and client side contexts.
- Experience working with automated testing solutions and an understanding of the pros and cons.
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures and consuming RESTful web services.
- Knowledge of strategies to improve FE performance (both load and runtime)
- Experience with agile workplaces and working within a collaborative team.
- Experience with mentoring team members and assisting with their professional development
A big plus would be:
- An enthusiasm for news and entertainment.
- Healthy interest in emerging platform level technologies – http/2, service worker, offline storage etc.
- A level of familiarity with AWS or similar Cloud Infrastructure and associated tooling.
- Experience working with continuous delivery and an understanding of the associated processes.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
To apply click Sr. Front End Engineer