Full Time Minnesota IT Job
I’m not going to be shy… there are a handful of Minnesota startups that have a great future and When I Work is one of them. I have no doubt one day this will be a great Minnesota tech story and am thrilled to be a part of the recruiting team.
If you are not familiar with When I Work we are a staff of 60 looking to be near 100 by the end of the year with more growth in 2016. We recently raised a $5M round of funding with most of that going to hiring.
Serious… this is no BS.
Here is some info:
- 2013 Minnesota Cup High Tech division winner
- Numerous “Best Place to Work” awards
- Fast-growing When I Work to acquire ShiftHub, raises another $5 million (Minneapolis StarTribune)
- How bagging groceries inspired Chad Halvorson to bootstrap When I Work (Mixergy.com)
- When I Work: A Company That Incubated Itself (Inc.com 2014 list of 35 Under 35 Coolest Entrepreneurs)
- Interview with Chad Halvorson, CEO of When I Work (Greater MSP)
- Chad Halvorson and Alan Patricof on Bloomberg TV (2014)
Find and follow us online:
Our home office in Minneapolis/St Paul, MN but you can work remotely anywhere within the US. All applicants must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Who We’re Looking For
Does taking an existing iOS app and pushing what can be done on the iOS platform sound like a fun challenge? Does striving to find the best and simplest solution, not the most obvious, drive you? Does working with a team that values elegance of design, both in the UI and in the code, resonate with you? If so, we’d love to talk with you.
When I Work is hiring an iOS mobile app developer. Mobile is a huge part of what we do, and you’ll help take our iOS development efforts to new heights! It will be a fun ride.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will be implementing exciting new mobile capabilities and collaborating with, mentoring, and learning from your peer iOS developers. You’ll also work with our Android development team to trade ideas and push each other to new levels of mobile awesomeness.
Experience and Skills Needed
- Significant real-world experience in mobile iOS Application Development.
- Experience working with existing app code and refactoring to awesome-ness.
- An understanding of REST and JSON, and knowledge of how to utilize REST on an iOS client.
- Past experience with automated testing of your code.
- Some degree of User Experience ability - we have designers on staff, but want you to have a vision on how to make the best iOS apps that we can.
- Experience implementing useful caching, scaling, and performance improvements on iOS.
- A customer-focused attitude, with an ability and willingness to work with customers to diagnose and fix problems.
- Experience with GitHub and git as a version control tool.
- Working knowledge of the basics of agile (backlogs, estimation and progress updates).
What Would Be Awesome To Have
- Contacts in the iOS development community, so that you’re up on the latest best practices and technology.
- Some working knowledge of Android development (so you can discuss concepts with our Android developers).
- Experience developing with other developers that are remote (e.g. through open source contributions, a former remote position, etc).
- Experience with continuous integration, specifically TravisCI, and how it is used with the iOS.
- The ability to read and understand PHP (the language of our API and web framework).
- A strong vision for what you think good iOS apps can be, coupled with a willingness to work with product, sales and marketing teams to understand their needs.
What’s In It For You
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Remote work environment … work where you work best
- Dynamic and dedicated team
- Data/Cell (internet) stipend
- Casual dress code
- Most of all smart and driven team members that love to collaborate, seek feedback, and improve
Sound Like a Good Fit?
Check out our core values. If they excite you, We’d love to talk! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position)
- Cover letter explaining why you’d like to work at When I Work, and not somewhere else.
To apply directly to When I Work click iOS Developer or to speak with me about this or other opportunities send any of the following to me: summary, resume, links to LinkedIn, GitHub, StackOverflow:
Minnesota Headhunter, LLC