The past two years one of the most frequently asked questions I have received is:
What’s the hot job?
In part I think a lot of people are starting to think what is next for them in their career and what do they need to start learning and gaining experience in.
LinkedIn came out with their Jobs on the Rise: 15 opportunities that are in demand and hiring now. They used their data from April to October of 2020.
My feeling is that some of these roles, while still in demand, may fall down the next time they do the survey and are whatever “post Covid” is.
Below are the general categories and then top job titles. You will want to click the link above as LinkedIn has more data including skills, top locations, education, salary range and remote job availability.
1) Professionals on the frontlines of e-commerce: Driver, Supply Chain Associate, Package Handler, Personal Shopper
2) Loan and mortgage experts: Underwriter, Mortgage Loan Officer, Escrow Officer, Loan Closer
3) Health care supporting staff: Health Care Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Dental Assistant, Home Health Aide
4) Business development and sales professionals: Sales Consultant, Sales Operations Assistant, Inbound Sales Specialist, Strategic Advisor
5) Experts in workplace diversity: Diversity Manager, Diversity Officer, Head of Diversity, Diversity Coordinator
6) Digital marketing professionals: Digital Marketing Specialist, Social Media Manager, Marketing Representative, Search Engine Optimization Specialist
7) Nurses: Registered Nurse, Certified Nursing Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Intensive Care Nurse
8) Education professionals: Teaching Assistant, Elementary School Teacher, Mathematics Tutor, Curriculum Developer
9) Digital content creators: Content Coordinator, Writing Consultant, Podcaster, Blogger
10) Professional and personal coaches: Career Coordinator, Life Coach, Fitness Coach, Business Coach
11) Specialized Engineers: Web Developer, Full Stack Engineer, Frontend Developer, Game Developer
12) Mental health specialists: Behavior Therapist, Mental Health Specialist, Psychotherapist, Mental Health Technician
13) User experience professionals: User Experience Designer, Product Design Consultant, User Interface Designer, User Experience Researcher
14) Data science specialists: Data Scientist, Data Science Specialist, Data Management Analyst
15) Artificial intelligence practitioners: Machine Learning Engineer, Artificial Intelligence Specialist, Machine Learning Researcher
Stay in touch with me by clicking:
|Newsletter Sign Up|