MSP On Deck Podcast #22: Foodsby, Zipnosis and Sansoro Health Funding And Difficult Minneapolis Tech Jobs To Recruit
Episode #22 starts with Kathy and Casey jump in on recent funding announcements starting with Foodsby. Casey talks about why this investment is significant.
We move on to Zipnosis (former client) and their funding and the odds of something larger on the horizon.
Sansoro Health round of funding gets us into the weeds talking about how many, many groups gave tried to figure out how to get all the different health systems and their technologies to talk to each other. And I ask if anyone will fix this in my lifetime.
Casey and I spend a lot of time on a conversation he had with a founder of a Minneapolis startup about how long it would take them hire a CTO. We go on a tangent into what is the hardest tech skill to find in town right now and I went with Big Data. The most out of whack in terms of demand and supply of skilled professionals. We come back to the question Casey was asked and I walk through how long it might take and came up with a minimum of six weeks. And that’s if everything goes easy and fast.
We go on a bit more talking about creating short lists of candidates for senior roles that are created over time and through casual conversations. I then rant a bit about using search firms. Yes… there is some irony in this. I think using a search firm for a CTO, VP Marketing or Director of Product can make sense. I don’t think it does for hiring Developers. You’ll burn through too much cash on fees.
GO TO EVENTS AND CHAT WITH PEOPLE!!!
Casey mentions SDR’s and BDR’s (Business Development Rep’s) as being out of whack for B2B startups. And finding a Growth Hacker or Head of Growth is difficult to do.
We talk about other groups on the potential IPO list.
Casey and I both are part of upcoming events:
- I am moderating the MNTRN event September 19th at Cargill. Click Recruiting In A Time of Talent Migration for info
- And the Minneapolis SourceCon chapter has a first meeting September 20th
- Casey is launching Candor Live September 25th. Think of it as “The Actor's Studio meets real tech founders”
- And the WeWork Startup Job Fair on September 20th
To connect with Kathy, Casey and MSP On Deck:
MSP On Deck
- We have a Twitter account: @mspondeck
- And a web site too where you can listen to our sessions: MSP on Deck Podcast
- You can find the podcast and subscribe by clicking MSP on Deck on iTunes and MSP on Deck on Stitcher
And click MSP On Deck Podcast Is Live And Focusing On The Minnesota Tech And Startup Scene if you are new to this and wondering how it came to be.
Here we go…
Stay in touch with me by clicking:
|Newsletter Sign Up|