MSP On Deck Podcast #13: Maria Ploessl, Executive Director Of MinneStar, TechStars Farm To Fork And Minnesota Tech Hiring
This episode we are chatting with Maria Ploessl, Executive Director of Minnestar. Maria starts with what Minnestar does including Minnedemo and Minnebar. Over the years Minnestar has hosted 50 some events and had 22,000+ attendees and been run by a volunteer board. Maria is the first person in this role.
Before saying more here is where to find info:
Maria talks about our region… what is going well and what our challenges are. I have known Maria for a couple of years and I very much appreciate her views on building community, embracing and doing change, growing the tech ecosystem and inclusion.
Minnestar is a non profit and there are opportunities for individuals and companies to support it. I have been both a “Community Sponsor” as an individual and a as “Megabyte Sponsor” as a company. Interested… click
We then talk about topics including:
- The TechStars announcement of “Farm to Fork” with Cargill and Ecolab which Casey broke on our podcast a month or more ago.
- We then ramble a bit about Ecolab and Cargill in general
- 1st and Future during Super Bowl Week in partnership with SportsEngine and Mayo Clinic
- We then ramble a bit about the Super Bowl, tech events and showcasing our community
- My prediction for increased recruiting in 2018 and a new Robert Half survey with data supporting my view
- Here is a link to the online session Casey and I mention
Below you can listen to the podcast.
To connect with Kathy, Casey and MSP On Deck:
MSP On Deck
- We have a Twitter account: @mspondeck
- And a web site too where you can listen to our sessions: MSP on Deck Podcast
- You can find the podcast and subscribe by clicking MSP on Deck on iTunes and MSP on Deck on Stitcher
And click MSP On Deck Podcast Is Live And Focusing On The Minnesota Tech And Startup Scene if you are new to this and wondering how it came to be.
Stay in touch with me by clicking:
|Newsletter Sign Up|