This is the 3rd Twin Cities Startup Week… this year with around 150 events up from 100 and 50 in years previous.
A big thank you to Nels Pederson (@nelspederson) for organizing and coordinating this growing event. I don’t know how he does it and I hope that he is taking a vacation or some sort of trip after this is done.
My interest in startup week this year is 7 parts:
- Having conversations about growing the Minneapolis/St Paul, Minnesota and Midwest tech community
- Business development, I’m looking for a late Q4 project and thinking about 2018
- Oh yeah… some more recruiting.
Who am I recruiting for?
Click Minnesota IT Jobs to see roles with Livefront, The Wildflower Foundation, Branch Messenger and SPS Commerce.
If you see me at an event and want to talk about the Minneapolis and St Paul jobs scene (tech pro or a company hiring) I gladly have those conversations. Don’t be shy.
Some really good news is how the Fly In Program has grown. Last year I was a sponsor of the program with 14 people flying to town to check out startup week. This year last I heard there were 35 flying in. More info on it below.
So far these are the events I am attending for sure (others will likely be added):
- Financing a Minnesota Startup
- Minnesota Cup
- Women’s Pitch Fest
- Beta .MN
- How the Cool Kids are Building Significant Companies Outside Silicon Valley
- Techstars Retail
- Technical Architecture: Building and Scaling
- St Paul Startup Crawl
- Startup Job Market
- Twin Cities Startup Awards Party
Saturday and Sunday
Here are some links to media coverage
- Twin Cities Startup Week Wants to Fly 50 People to MSP for Free - MInneInno
- Twin Cities Startup Week is upon us - Mpls StarTirbune
Stay in touch with me by clicking:
|Newsletter Sign Up|